92 LS400 Overdrive Switch..... buggered

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brenattama

Hi all, feel free to point me off in the "been done before" section but I have just had the shifter and steering wheel re-leathered, and have an issue as a result....

When the helpful fellas took the shifter top off to re-do the leather, they removed the overdrive switch and (i quote) "the switch just fell apart" hmmm despite my warning to be ultra careful through the process re wiring and that it might be a short wire etc etc etc....

So... They found a 'replacement switch' from a wrecker that (naturally) doesnt work at all.... my overdrive is off permanently and is really shitting me...

A quick call to the helpful Lexus Dealership has confirmed that a replacement would be available at a ludicrous price...

My questions are thus.... Do any of the Aussie (LS half cut?) fellas have a switch they are willing to help me with/sell me? and secondly, in the mean time can i simply close the circuit and leave the overdrive on (ie bypass the switch) so that at least i am not crusing around in third..... which is admittedly fun, but not at all ideal....

at least the re-leathering was a great job! grrr

cheers.
Bren

Hi mate , I know of a couple off LS400/Celsiors being wrecked , just yesterday [ sat ] I picked up a left and right hub arm with the ball joint disc and sensor for $75.00 each !!
This was to make doing the right front wheel bearing a swop over job , as it turns out the wheel bearings in the hubs I got are perfectly OK so just have to swop the whole arm in , way too easy and payed less for both sides than one wheel bearing kit costs !!
Anyhow the shifter was in the car so would be able to get you a switch for bugger all .
If you want me to do this just E-Mail off site...don't PM me please .
By the way could you tell me who redid the leather on your steering wheel and what the cost was .

Regards...Rich

Pull the switch out, cut the wires. This will leave your O/D ON until you get it replaced. I no longer use the over drive and switched out my entire shifter. The over drive wires are just laying under the wood trim bezel somewhere. I've never missed the O/D since I disconnected it. By the way, the switches do just "sort of fall apart" when removed.