92 LS400 LPG Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Paleface

Hi there I just got the car and would like to covert to dual fuel , can you help with some answers : like where do you put the convertor , what mixer - gas research ?? or what ?? Tank mounting ??? thanks for any help , I would rather run on gas than give my money to Costello/Howard to waste.....

Theres other threads on this if you do a search, but they are inconclusive, mine was running a crappy gas ring and complex converter for highway use, it was woefull for performance,
i am planning to run a gas research setup in duel fuel config, with an S-480 GRA carb been the recommendation fom my local Dyno man.

this is in a 1UZ falcon though. debate is wether the motor will handle gas reliably.

There should be more updates on LPG soon; I haven't started a project diary just yet on my car, but here's the planned setup:

Built 1UZ motor with Eaton M112 supercharger in a 1994 MKIV Supra with A/T. No intercooler, but MW injection, pre-supercharger. 10 psi or so of boost and 10:1 compression.

Dedicated Prins LPG injection system with the Prins ECU working as a slave to an AEM standalone EMS. No liquid fuel system at all, and the Prins (Keihin) injectors mounted in the intake manifold where the liquid injectors are/were.

The engine is currently at the builder - we're putting some exotic stuff in the heads and valves to improve their longevity on LPG, and I'm in the process of acquiring the LPG system and sorting out how I want the ECU's to play with each other. My goal is to have a very streetable "cruiser" with this project, not a monster. 500 RWHP would be nice.

I would encourage anyone considering LPG to have a look at the Prins system; IMO it's head & shoulders above the Italian systems, and it's also their 3rd generation product so they've learned a few things about LPG. It's also a combination of Dutch & Japanese hardware and quality.

John