90 LS maf issue rebuild it

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phillipguru

Hey im getting ecu code 31 for my maf sensor after having it out and cleaned with electrical cleaner. Now i'm getting crummy milage and serious bucking from miss read from the maf. I was wonder if their was any place that would rebuild my maf, or if you guys know a cheap place that i can pick a maf up. Ebay has 2 at the moment but they are getting taken by supra owners for high prices.

Please help...tomarrow i'm going to check the maf with a voltage meter and check my o2 sesnors tps ect...

I work with a local Lexus dealer very closely and the only way to replace the MAF is to replace the whole unit. U can not just buy the electronic part. The retail price is about $750. I know anyone can rebuild them. However, u can try other Toyota Model that uses similar MAF.

thanks, i just dont wanna go through the hassel of getting one from ebay and trying to outbid a 100 supra guys for a cheapo part. buti guess ebay it is

its so wierd though, you take out the maf and clean it with eletronic cleaner and it stops working properly, but people who douse it with car cleaner and get great results, so odd huh

I suspect the supra people only buy the lexus afm for the larger body to give more airflow. The electronic part may be the same on both afms if not the supra people would probably swap them over so either way there should be some of them available .Check the part numbers and plug fittings on the electronic part of the afms.

The Supra guys use the larger diameter body and retain their old sensor. They use a new adjusting screw (it's under the small plug on the side of the AFM/MAF) to correct the flow. They then use larger injectors and outsmart the ECU as it flows more air and fuel without knowing it.

On that basis why not post a WTB on a Supra Site for the sensor part. You may get lucky.

Are you sure on that Rod?
I've never read that anywhere. I was just under the assumption that they replaced the whole AFM with the 1UZ part.

Otherwise they would just mount the 7MGTE electronics in a pipe of the same size as the 1UZ for a cost of about $3.

Peewee,

There's a write up on the SONIC (the Canadian Supra Owners Site) on doing the swap.

They use the 1UZ rather than a length of pipe due to the bridge inside the pipe and the balance arrangement. From what I could gather the AFM can be adjusted by a screw to fine tune the signal.

From what it said the air flow is actually measured in the small section of pipe and the air in the large section just flows to the engine.

It's a pretty complicated beast the AFM.

I used to have the Sonic address but deleted it about 4 weeks ago.

Have a search it should turn up.

well on my lunch break, i poped out the maf top sensor, and put it back on thinking maybe the seal wasnt good since the problem is intermittent, and you put it in, press it down, then i decided to make sure it was really snug so i pushed down firmly and wiggled it left and right and it popped down lower than it was, i drove it around and it ran fine, i think maybe the maf top sensor wasnt low enough in the chamber, but time will tell. It did go lower than i had it so im betting it wasnt seated and that was cause the randomness from intermit pressure drops in the swirl chamber