75lb seats

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
do any ls400s come without power seats i find power seats are kinda pointless you adjust them once and leave them, and having fat sh!t seats that take up 75lbs ea. is allot of weight. i wouldnt mind just regular slider seats but i dont want racing seats cause they would look stupid in an ls. can you convert power seats to sliders to free up some weight?

you can put in some Bride or Sparco reclining seats. they look a bit like racing seats, but not much.

find a junker or part-out car that has "classy" enough slider seats for your liking (benz or volvo with leather?), tear out your old power seats and weld the tracks for the new ones to the frame. pretty straightforward, at least theoretically.

Going from electrical->mechanical should be a thousand times easier than the other way around.

How about removing the stock seats and then taking out all the electronic stuff and all bottom seat adjustment metal crap, basically gut them of all the heavy motor metal crap... Weld some rails if needed and mount...That should take down alot of the weight in both seats..... I know there is alot of electronic crap under my SC400 seats that look like they weigh alot....

In order to maintain the seat work ability you would have to mount some underseat rails for slide adjusting like chilkoot says... It's doable in my opinion and you could probably drop 40 to 50lbs.. Save alot of money too by keeping the original seats..

I would like to drop some weight out of the side doors of my SC4..They weigh a ton.... They're so heavy they actually sag over years and bend the hinges, it's a joke...I guess lexus/toyota over built the car doors for side impact safety....

i dont know if the MK IV supra seats work in the LS but i know that they work well for the SC. Cheap on the wallet and not so hard on the ass. Also gives a couple inches of head room, but again SC not LS. Can anyone confirm that Supra seats are interchangable with the LS?

the only thing with taking from another car the seats wont match any more, but that would be quick and easy...
jibby do you know if it would be possible to take all the motors out cause wouldnt your back rest just fall unless i installed a locking lever like most 2drs without power seats have. i really wouldnt mind sacraficing luxury for that much weight. and is there any thing to make the seats a lil more cushy i was think about taking them apart and welding on to the frame to make more of a bucket seat so they hug me a bit more but the seat it self is kinda hard.

Armed - It's not the back of the seats where the main weight is at, it's all the metal crap under the seats....Take a look directly under the seats and you will see little gears, motor, and alot more heavy metal stuff...That is what I am talking about...Just gut it all out while maintaining the structual integrity of the seat and frame..... Keep in mind - The gears and motor move the seats forward and back electronically, so if you remove the guts, that means you will have no more seat movement...OUCH!!! That is why you would need to weld in or screw in hand adjustable slide rails... May even get more leg room with the change... It's alot of custom work, but with a little patience, measurements, some old seat rails I think it is doable.

The problem with after market seats like the Recaro's and Supra's you will "NEVER" ever find a perfect interior color match... You will instantly ruin the stock look of luxury... The stock rear seat will never match in color with the new fronts.....

Do both seats and I would venture to guess you may drop 30-50 pounds... The reason I say that is that I had my seats re-done, really there is just foam and leather throughout, the skeleten frame looks very light in weight...So that leads me to believe the real meat and weight of the seats are underneathe... Maybe more then 50%...