5spd ECU/harness on 6spd 3UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Stokes

Good afternoon guys.

apologies if this has been covered (as I’m sure it has and my google-fu has missed it)

I am in the middle of swapping a 3uz into my Jeep rock crawler and mating it to a hybrid Toyota R150/Ax15 5 speed so that I can keep my clutch preference along with my transfer cases. I have already worked through Brandon at quantum auto to rework my celsior 5speed ECU to work without the auto and key immobilizer.

The issue I have is I noticed the 3uz that I received was not in as healthy as I hoped and I was able to warranty it for another 3uz in much better shape that I now know is a 6spd version due to the intake/knock sensors/and power steering idler.

can I just wire in the correct plug for the later model throttle body and make it work with my early 5spd harness and ECU?
Thanks guys!

5/6 spd throttle bodies have different connectors but are otherwise interchangeable
early/late 3uz's are not interchangeable. Different ecu, different loom, different pinout, different knock sensors, different automatic transmission

If you are using m/t , ecu should be programmed accordingly, to prevent entering a/t limp mode

I really appreciate you chiming in on this, you and I chatted earlier on while I was planning what I wanted to do.

do the 3UZ’s not interchange for the reasons you listed only?

if I pair the correct throttle body/knock sensors with the correct 5spd harness and ECU will the setup work on a late 3uz long block?

No autos being used in this scenario, the ECU has been programmed accordingly.

Yes correct, replace tb and knock sensors and then newer engine will work with older ecu and harness
Or just replace tb connector (you will need just correct housing and wiring diagram, pins themselves are compatible, so no soldering required)
Newer knock sensors use studs for mounting, undoing the studs might be a bit tricky