555,000+ Miles LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I wonder how many times he's rebuilt the power steering pump and alternator plus how many engine mounts has he replaced.

I believe it I used to own a used car dealership in downtown LA and dealed alot of lexus LS's and Sc400's. I must have bought and sold at least 40 or 50 of them in my time, and drove each and every one of them, some were bought at the auctions some out of the recycler classifieds, but they always sold very well regardless of miles.

I remember I had one 1992 sc400 with 325,000 original miles, one owner and dealer maintained, it was repainted and the leather, steering wheel cover, and brake pedal were worn and there were alot of pit marks in the front wind shield but I tell you that 1992 sc400 ran and drove great, slightly under powered but over all ran great, and did not use any oil, believe it or not. That example is why I still drive one today they are the best of the best.

We have a customer with almost 400K miles on his LS. This was almost two years ago...I wonder if he broke the half-million mark yet.

In my opinion you really just start breaking in these cars around 100,000 miles. However I do notice common flaws in these cars with high mileage such as: water pump can leak, stearing pump goes, flickering starts on the speedo needles, blackening of the a/c display, wear on the driverside seat, and on the top of steering wheel, rear tires wear wrong do to worn suspension, saging doors, clogged and restrictive cats, noise from belts, what else, fogging window issues, clouding of the headlight lenses, ac vents tend to split and crack, window regulators can go out, blown stock speakers, etc..I am sure I can think of more, but I must say the engine and tranny stay solid, great cars, and that is why I still am driving a 1992 sc400. I can afford a newer one but I don't see why my 1992 is a great car and runs as good as any new one. That's my take on these awesome cars, so ride on fella's!:veryhappy

Of course the car is not actually breaking in at a 100,000 miles that comment was just a figure of speech, and was ment as a compliment to the lexus engine and transmittion nothing more, but what I must ask you what is Fing and plad? I speak English and I do not understand? I checked the English dictionary and found nothing under Fing and plad that is relevant. However, I will call Webster myself and make them aware that you are introducing two new words to the English language. Congrates you may win the Nobel Prize for these new findings of yours.

I've got 415,000 on my 1990 LS400 and still is running strong. I've also had a 1992 with 360,000 and a I still have a 1994 with 240,000. This type of mileage is almost typical for these cars!!!

What I would like to know is how much oil do these high mile engines burn in between scheduled oil changes?......Engines last and last but burn and burn as well as the rings wear and inperfections occure in the cylinder walls.. I once had an old 66' Dodge Dart with 300,000 + miles and the engine ran fine but unfortunately used more oil then gas....Something to consider fellas..