5 Speed Manual Swap in a V8 Tundra?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Findley

I am interested in buying an early model V8 Tundra and doing a manual tranny swap. Do you guys know anyone that has done one is the US? I've tried to do some searching but keep coming up empty and don't understand all the names of the engines and trannies.

In my noob mind, it seems like this shouldn't be that hard (which is always a bad way to start a sentence) since 1) I've heard there are V8 Manual Land Cruisers in other countries and 2) I think the auto tranny in the V6 and V8 Tundras are the same, so the V6 manual may work with a V8.

Before going down this path, I want to make sure someone else has already successfully done this. Also, does anyone have a guess on how much this would cost? I'd probably have a shop do all the work since I've got too many other projects right now.

Thanks,
Findley

The problem is the stock tundra ECU NEEDS to see the stock trans. Theoretically its possible to fool the ECU but after 6 months of searching I have yet to come across anyone who has. Basically the best way I know to swap a manual trans to a tundra motor (2uz-fe) is to use a stand alone ECU and use the TTC adapter plate and clutch bolted to a supra V-160 or W-154. It will not be SMOG legal because of the stand alone ecu and will cost you roughly 6-7 grand after everything is working.

what makes the ecu do weird things when u remove the auto

i cant see it being to difficult to trick it

i havnt come across any ecu where i had to trick for it to work properly

but cars from usa might have abit different ecu tuning in them

what engine is it a 2uz

ill look in my mitchell on demand software and see how the ecu works

I was curious sideshow if you came across any information regarding the 2uz ecu?

From information I gathered I was told there was a load sensor and a torque converter sensor that would cause the motor to run in safe mode (can't rev above 3k) if either of those sensors were not connected to the stock ECU. If anyone has any experience with toyota ECUs please shead some light.