473hp/376tq 3UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
With enough money and time virtually any combination is possible. However, the best thing for Lexus/Toyota is proven repeatable combinations that the average enthusiast can duplicate at a reasonable cost.

The 3UZFE changed valve ange to 21.33 degrees. It also has angled quench areas. This combination would require carefully designed pistons to match the heads otherwise efficiencies would drop.

I believe there is a great deal of performance available with modified 1UZ heads and matching pistons. Of course manifolding support is assumed.

The reason for starting this thread was to show the torque capability of this engine combo at 4.5 liters... 376tq. And that rating may be LESS than actual as we can assume racers do not want to fully inform their competition. Keep in mind that if you can just hold the stock peak torque of a GS400 (310tq) to 7000rpm you are making over 400hp. The stock engines only have .300 valve lift and pure excrement for exhaust manifolds. LOTS of room with only cams and exhaust.

Peewee said:
FYI, In some peoples findings, FE heads are better than GE heads for NA applications.
Toyota released the 3s-ge and 3s-fe and the GE always had a better power curve, making more power as well. Obviously different engines are going to behave differently with different heads but as far as I ever learned, FE heads were supposed to made for a more mild fuel-efficient engine. Why else would Toyota use GE heads on their Rally Cars and GE heads on the Supras, which were made specifically for performance when they were split apart from the Celica Supra. Did I mention Toyota paid Yamaha to design Toyota's GE heads?

Funny then, how the current CART engines use heads with a very narrow valve angle, I guess they're just struggling to get a couple more mpg, huh?:)

The manifolding, and exhaust systems on the street GE engines have always been larger than that of the FE engines, enough to explain the power difference using a different port yet having the same valve sizes between the two.

With big block Chevies, many prefer the smaller passenger car/truck heads to the large port "performance" heads, since they provide a wider powerband,and essentially "more" power, (more often), I guess to try and explain it anyways.
Honda guys do it with ls heads too, more port velocity.

88Alltrac said:
Toyota released the 3s-ge and 3s-fe and the GE always had a better power curve, making more power as well. Obviously different engines are going to behave differently with different heads but as far as I ever learned, FE heads were supposed to made for a more mild fuel-efficient engine. Why else would Toyota use GE heads on their Rally Cars and GE heads on the Supras, which were made specifically for performance when they were split apart from the Celica Supra. Did I mention Toyota paid Yamaha to design Toyota's GE heads?
Stock for stock the GE head is more performance based.
But you all out on both heads, and the FE will produce more power.

I would be considering using the from the 3s series as starting point for looking at 4 cylinder heads that may be suitable
The late model 3sge out of the lexus/altessa IS200 is vvti and makes 154kw from memory

Logan

LEXUSV8NZ said:
I would be considering using the from the 3s series as starting point for looking at 4 cylinder heads that may be suitable
The late model 3sge out of the lexus/altessa IS200 is vvti and makes 154kw from memory

Logan
When I pop a head off my 1uz, I will compare with my 3s-gte head.

the altezza engine is actually a 3sge beams 3 (vvtl-i, which is the same as vtec, not really vvti).... seems to be the thing with most "beams" engines from mr toyota