3uz in MKIV supra *ATTN: evryone

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kingV8

1uz or3uz in MKIV supra *ATTN: evryone

Hello everyone Im new to the boards and have some issue i need help with. and before i get to those issue's/questions. i would like to say that i searched these forums pretty good and i have not been able to find anything on subject matters. Im going to be using the car for drifting and touge runs.

1) since the 3uz is shorter (length wise than the 2jz ) the 3uz would bring the weight distribution closer to 50/50.. also the deck height is also lower than the 2jz which brings the center of gravity lower.

2) i wanted to know what is the weight diffrence between the to of the engines. I don't really see the 3uz being heavier than the 2jz for the simple fact it has aluminum block and heads and the 2j is cast iron,longer, and also comes with a lot of stuff on the engine.. such as cruise control, twin turbos with all the sequential bs, more piping etc.. but i could be wrong but i doubt it.

3) Like i said before because its shorter (length and height wise) this brings the height and weight distribution closer 50/50 which aids in a good handling car.. My only concern is the weight diffrence..

4) Performance wise well..... we know what the 2j can do... and the after market support it has... BUT thanks to alot of you on this board.. who have done the trial and error and r&d there ois quite abit of performance parts for these engines.

what im looking to get out of the engine is 450-470WHP N/A which i know is possible especially if TRD is making 700hp out of the nastruck engines... ( i know this for a fact got to see them dyno there engines at Trd usa in tustin ca.) But im looking to bore and stroke the motor to 5.0l like some have done on this board.. ive seen the results you guys have goten on these engines after you stroked them not to bad consdering the heads were stock, stock compression, stock manifolds,etc.. I wanna run 11.5.1 compression use bigger valves,better cams, and really work the head over in terms of port bowl work and combustion chamber work. what do you guys think? i really need some answers and opinions. Oh in terms of trannies i want to adapt the 6-speed tranny but don't know if the ratios will be long.. or should i go with the r154 tranny?

The TRD Nascar engines are more like an american V8 with pushrods and all; no comparison there I'm afraid.
I'd just think of the engine more as two Camry engines put together nicely.
I don't think that the difference in deck height will greatly affect the CG either.
Maybe look into putting a Vette gearbox in the rear for better distribution/handling.

i know what your talkin about but this was a overhead cam engine not a pushrod v8.. and yes i know nascars rules BUT that is what i seen with my own two eyes... with individual throttles... and powered by motec m800 i dont what that particular engine was used for but he said nastruck... but then again trd builds engines for indiviuals if you have enough money.. but anyway why did you suggest the vette tranny? im not rich! lol and what does it way.

oh one more thing deck height or how low the engine sits in the car does effect CG its a known fact..

I just got my engine rebuild and my engine builder wrote down few specs.

Block Height: 8.7090"
attachment.php

engine%20dimensions.jpg

1UZFE: 660 + 700 + 710 = 2070 cm

kingV8 said:
i know what your talkin about but this was a overhead cam engine not a pushrod v8.. and yes i know nascars rules BUT that is what i seen with my own two eyes... with individual throttles... and powered by motec m800 i dont what that particular engine was used for but he said nastruck... but then again trd builds engines for indiviuals if you have enough money.. but anyway why did you suggest the vette tranny? im not rich! lol and what does it way.
There's a good chance you were looking at the V8 engine used in the Daytona Prototype chassis.