2003 Hilux Flatdeck with MS

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Just a few photos of a customers finished vehicle. I supplied parts , technical support, wiring and tuning. The customer turned up driving the ute with the motor on the back and I prewired the motor and prepared the ute to receive the V8 while it was still being driven with the diesel motor. Very professional looking job. Made 160RWkw with the megasquirt. Not a megasquirt fan , they are pretty basic and fuel metering is not a precise as other professional ECU but it did the job and drove nice. The customer made the final cold start changes to get that to an acceptable level.

Attachments

• 3UZ. 095.jpg
    3UZ. 095.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 3UZ. 096.jpg
    3UZ. 096.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 3UZ. 097.jpg
    3UZ. 097.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 3UZ. 098.jpg
    3UZ. 098.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 3UZ. 099.jpg
    3UZ. 099.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 3UZ. 100.jpg
    3UZ. 100.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 3UZ. 102.jpg
    3UZ. 102.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3UZ. 103.jpg
    3UZ. 103.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 3UZ. 104.jpg
    3UZ. 104.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 3UZ. 105.jpg
    3UZ. 105.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 16
oh come one megasquirt is the best thing since sliced cheese
did it take abit longer to tune it since its an ms
im doing a plug in harness adapter at moment for autronic sm4 to a nissan
luckily i didnt throw out my nissan ecu mating plugs when i threw out 50 kgs of wiring
heheheheh

Jim - most tuning problems are wiring problems so that wasn't an issue as I wired it. I had never done a MS before so had to learn the software. Customer turned up at about 1030 and was driving home at about 4. We did a 30 minute test drive and had a good lunch break. Tuning time was less than most aftermarket ECU as the MS doesnt do much. Basic fuel and timing and as the fuel delivery was not a even as better ECU so I had to comprimise a bit. Lambda control is crap so I didn't bother and no idle speed control adjustment. Not much to set so didn't take too long. Some of the professional ECU which have really good air temp and water temp correction and lots of accessories take ages to set up but the finish is so much better.

Bushwacker - As its running the megasquirt which has an internal MAP sensor no need for the AFM.

ok cool
i guess u pay for what u get when an ms only cost 300 bucks
i knew there was a reason i havnt touched one yet heheheeh
i get the shits when microtech doesnt supply a 30 dollar air temp sensor
as all these little things help abit in the end
i grew up selling and fitting autronics a decade ago so my aftermarket ecu standards are higher than most hehehe