$20 000 1uz???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Zuffen the lightning is indead 2 valve but its a SOHC engine - hence the narrow heads. It cant be all that bad a design if it can power a 4670lb vehicle to a 13.6 @ 102mph 1/4 mile - enough to eat any factory 1UZ vehicle for breakfast, and to add insult it is a pickup truck!

Maxpower,

I'm member of a few Lightning Boards and yes it's quite a remarkable truck.

Pity so many of the engines blow up.

Could have something to do with pushing 15lb on an engine designed for a max of 8lbs.

This is where all the new Eaton superchargers and intercoolers come from. They are taken off new engines at the Ford Dealers when they replace the blown up engine. My lightning unit came of an engine that had never been started.

Guys,
You still all dodged the bullet.
How much power does the LS1 make standard and whats it's capacity ? now look at the age difference.
If you want to go comparing fairly maybe you should look at the 3UZ !
even then it's still more than a litre less in capacity but a fare more comparitive choice.

I use to own a 12 sec SLR Torana with a worked 304 in it so i know a little about the Holden motors, that and some of my mates own worked Holdens.
But non of the most worked Holden engines i have been in make power as smoothly and feel as less stressed as the 1UZ.

It amazes me that this country's largest money making and largest supported car manufacture hasn't done the right thing by it's employers ( the people buying there cars ) and designed them a new ( brand new ) designed engine that is modern and up to date with Techknowledgy.
I mean all they have done for the last multiple decades is get bigger and older heaps of crap and modify them a little to get less emitions and a little more power.
Sure thats smart business and every car maker does it but for how long and how many times can you re-invent the wheel ?
They have been redesigning the 304, 350 for the last 30 odd years and still they repaired and replaced how many LS1's due to oil problems.
I know, i know, this is where someone steps in and say's "A LS1 isn't a 350 ya d#^&*head.
Just because you re-create a block in a different material and redesign the heads don't make it not a re-invented 350.
They keep re-inventing they old pushrod design because it's cheaper to go bigger than to design a new upto date smaller more efficent less poluting motor.

As for the the Ford sarger, i would put Ford above the Holden for the simple issues i refer to above, they have redesigned new engines and do make a quad cam V8 but this motor is much like the 350 i mean LS1.
I have only seen 1 500hp Ford 5.4 and it was in a Saleen Mustang and thats not made by Ford.

Guys,
As i have siad before find a real motor to comparewith the 1UZ and something in the real same league !

Regards

Stephen

I wonder if the Cadillac Northstar Quadcam v8 is a match up? Similar size(I think around 4.5ltrs), same amount of valves...just put in front wheel drive Caddy's, they can push out 255kw in factory form. And I was watching "rides" on discovery and they were throwing one in an awesome rod, it also had a blower on top (W2A intercooled M90 or 112 but I never really got to find out).

1UZ-HZ,
Well i know nothing of the car nor engine.
Guessing by your forum name " 1UZ-HZ " one could only imagine you have a 1UZ in a HZ ?
If this is so, maybe you should ask yourself why you would have done such a thing when you could have put a Cadillac Northstar Quadcam motor in ?
Maybe you like myself know nothing of the engine ?
If so why send a reply string ?

Regards

Stephen

Coffee
Why take a swipe at me? You asked for an engine to compare with the 1uz, was I not able to suggest anything?...sorry to p#ss you off.

cyberdiamond,
You did state 500kw.
I simply stated my knowledge, which is not big in the ever changing American market.

For you last set of notes.
What are these spec's for and where did you get them from ?

Once again is this a valued comparison ?
I would be suprised if this a natuarally aspirated motor and 20 odd years old ?

I can not believe that a forum site with a world viewing stage and all those out their with the web ( world of knowledge ), no one can find a motor to compare it to.

I will give you a hint why.
Some of these first genertions are getting on 25yrs old and therefore proven themselves for failure problems.
Nothing in there time of design and release could compare with design, quality, reliability, power, potential or smoothness.
To this date nothing has been around long enough to prove worthy of comparing, yet still all you try to compare are current engines that are way bigger or bigger and forced inducted.
These motors are that good that second hand units with 1 hundred thoudsand plus km's, are coming over and getting forced inducted like the one in the Zoom mag issue #51, putting out 391kw @ the wheels on standard bottom end and original rings and bushes.
Non of these engines i have seen so far compared have been around long enough to compare nor are they even close in spec's to compare.
When one does it will be the motor the that followed !
The 1UZ will be remembered as one of the best designed V8's ever made and a first in it's class.

Regards

Stephen

1UZ-HZ,
Simply stating the facts.
You are absolutly right i did ask for a comparison and maybe you suggested a motor of worthyness ?
Why would you suggest a motor that you don't really have any knowledge of ?
My apology as i was a little harsh.

Regards

Stephen

My apology,
I made a mistake in quickly writing the message posted @ 11:43.
" first generation getting on 25yrs old "
Should have stated " getting on 20yrs old "