1UZFE or 3UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kfxnando

1st things 1st

the amount of info on this site is just amazing, thanx for sharing!!:D

maybe me have read too much and have gotten too much info, as I'm now confused as to what motor to chose!!

the conversion will be done on a 4x4, that will tow just short of 2tons
as in pic!!

yes there will be some 4x4 duty, mainly getting the vehicle to the destination offroad, and a little bit of exploring, although nothing serious!!
will be doing nothing extreme!!!

so here is the confusion, have read on here the very comprehensive comparison between the 1UZFE and the 3UZFE, like the smaller distance between cylinders, the difference in conrods, and the difference in pistons, CCs, and outputs!!

understand that original 4L will be the stronger one, specially if one is looking at tweaking the motor, however that is not the case here, yes the motor will work hard, as GVM will be close to 4tons (yes there might be issues with the local law, might need to upgrade my drivers license) beyond that the only mod that the motor will get will be a different exhaust, and a local aftermarket ECU, beyond that all will remain stock, oh and the airfilter!!

there are no plans to do any other mods or playing!!

the power of the original 4.0L NON VVT will be enough for my needs, extra power is always nice and always welcome, however again the 4.0L will be enough!!

however the price of the 4.0L and the 4.0L VVT and the 4.3L are the same this side, almost 100% sure of that!!

so will the later model 4.3L VVTs with the weaker conrods and the smaller distance between bores, and the lighter pistons, be as reliable as the 4.0L for my applications!!
this is very important, as some of our trips will be cross border!!

some of the mountain passes that we tow over are very steep, and hence the need for the conversions!!
the rest of the towing is not bad, even with the current motor!!

all help and comments will be welcome, weather you are an expert or just like me with minimal experience on this topic, would like to hear from you!!

thanx:D:D

There are 4 engine options:

1. 1990-1997 1uzfe
2. 1998-2000 1uzfe
3. 2000-2006 2uzfe
4. 2001-2006 3uzfe

That all will meet your requirement and application. Depending on your budget, I would suggest 1uzfe (1998-2000) 290 bhp off the bat.

well, though would just continue here!!

picked up a 1UZFE 1996 (according to the HT leads)

and so it all starts!!

ifs its ready around x-mas time this year will be very happy!!

will post some more details as things go on!!

thanx to every one who has shared their info on here, its been of great help!!

:D:D