1UZFE into 80 series cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sticks236

hey all

im wondering if an 80 series cruiser wagon would be too big and heavy to bother putting in a 1uzfe? or would the factory straight 6 turboed be better?
im trying to decide what 4x4 to do my conversion with and i have no idea
except that i dont want to use a hilux/surf/4runner cause the engine bay is too small

cheers
sticks

A patrol weighs about the same as a cruiser, you would be better off with a LS2. If I was doing a patrol I would use a 4.2 diesel, there is plenty of power to be had from them.

go ls2 but be prepared to spend abit
I've wired up plenty of 100 series 1hdte motors into earlier
land cruisers and they go good

yes I've done about 15 of them
and if u get the latest 4x4 australia magazine
with the red Nissan patrol on the cover
I wired a 1 hdte into it
best thing u can do to a patrol hebehehe

Sticks I think that we've already had this discussion on other forums.

Hilux/Surf engine bays are big enough for 1/2UZ and the UR engines. The issue is the exhaust manifolds and also the steering boxes on the live axle models due to clearance. But these aren't really an issue if you know what you are doing. For an 80 I'd even not what most want to hear on this forum go LS1 or LS2.

Today I have completed a conversion on what I call "The black bitch", It's black and a girl owns it. It's an '01 Hilux with a 1UZ in it and looks and functions as if it were a factory build right down to an OEM style bellhousing (KS racing in Thailand) and factory clutch. The engineer loves it aside from one O2 sensor in the wrong place which is a cockup on the part of the crowd that made the extractors. This one is the "prototype"(my build) of this model and even the factory scanners talk to every bit of it.

The girlie that owns it wanted the meanest Hilux in Perth and bugger me she's got it. While it don't give you a punch between the shoulder blades the damn thing is so smooth and quick. Stick the boot up it and the speedo is off the clock quick as look at you before you know it

my head feels like its about to explode from all the different stuff im hearing about the 1uz mostly good but the bad stuff is ppl comparing them to landcruiser engines and how a petrol v8 wont have any torque so itll be shit but then when i look on wiki it has the same torque as the landcruiser 1hdt engine :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's more about where the torque is made then the total, the diesel makes it's torque at 1400rpm, the 1uz at around 3500 rpm.