1UZFE into 2wd hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowrnr

Hey guys looking at putting 1uzfe v8 into 2wd hilux just wondering which model front cut to go with if im using standard computer and auto. I know crown model is easy to wire up with a manual but im using auto. Sump issues can be dealt with and modded if need be but not sure on wiring side of things. Any help or info regarding this conversion appreciated. Anthony.

It looks like you and I are the only guys that want to drop a 1UZFE into a HiLux. I have a RWD 1978 long bed with an Auto Trans.
Have you had any luck with your upgrade? Since there was never Power Steering in a HiLux, are you going to add it?
Let me know how far you have gotten... or if you have given up the idea and bought a UTE... Thanks!

Hardly the only guys doing this swap. Ive done hundreds and sold parts into the thousands now. Early ones , and im thinking yours might be a 40 series arent too common although ive still done a few. Im editing a video for youtube now outlining some of the mistakes that get made.

Hi Gloverman,
That is great to hear, can you post a link to where you sell your parts?
I'm thinking about ECU, Headers, Wiring Harness, Motor Mounts, etc...
I'm in the good old US of A, so driving by New Zealand is a little out of my range...
Have you thought about publishing a DIY manual?
Thanks for the help,
-Pete in Bellingham, WA

Hello Pete.

Ive been doing a DIY manual for years now. It's one of my most popular items. I have a video of the wiring of a 81 4x4 hilux on my youtube. I have bolt in mounts for most of the later models but for the early ones I use my universal kitset. I think I have only done about 12 of the pre 84 hilux so not viable to have specific mounts and while some take my later mounts ( go on toyota there) due to the tighter engine back the stock rubbers insulators are a bit soft and movement can cause a clash with the steering so I swapped to the universal racemount kitset which reduces movement to next to nothing.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1829512233

If you click on sellers other listings on the trade me there is some of the parts I sell.

I'm doing another wiring job for a VVti out of the USA atm.

Hardly the only guys doing this swap. Ive done hundreds and sold parts into the thousands now. Early ones , and im thinking yours might be a 40 series arent too common although ive still done a few. Im editing a video for youtube now outlining some of the mistakes that get made.
Hi, do you have any kits or cad files for 1uz into a 1984 LN56 2wd Hilux ?
And certainly interesting in any information about getting the 1uz wired up properly. Will be using a Lexus 5spd auto trans

Hi, do you have any kits or cad files for 1uz into a 1984 LN56 2wd Hilux ?
And certainly interesting in any information about getting the 1uz wired up properly. Will be using a Lexus 5spd auto trans
I sell lots of parts for the swap. Advertising on trade me for nz customers or email for overseas. See my YouTube CartuneNZ