Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
From cribbj's post a couple pages ago.

IMG_0729Large.jpg

Mine looks the same except that it hasn't been screwed together yet.

Edit: I'm considering tig welding instead of screws - because I can.

David, it wasn't a Megasquirt, but it was the Megajolt Lt Jr. that I ran mine with for breakin. Same principle, though.

Your wheel works fine - the trick is to cut the right tooth out for the missing tooth, and this is also the same for both the Megasquirt and the Megajolt Lt Jr.

Shoot David, you've finished two projects and sold them in the time I've been trying to get my 1UZ finished!

Got my triggerwheel today, david. Tank you, it looks good :)

Btw.. I got my UZ fired with megasquirt extra, with the original triggerwhhel wiith one tooth grinded off, but will swap to the 36 tooth wheel when I got it mapped better to gain the better resolution of that wheel.

I consider tig welding of it as well to make sure the parts don't get loose from each other...
but right now i'm waiting for my new clutch to arrive from Japan.

Now that we've managed a 36-1 wheel, I'd like to try for a 60-2 (Bosch style) for even better resolution with ECU's like MS2Extra, MoTeC, etc.

fixed it for ya ;-)

MS2Extra uses every tooth and all the information and updates its internal data as often as possible with 36 and 60 tooth wheels etc. Its no worse off than any other, and often much better ;-)

This is not the case with ms1 or ms2 base though, or at least it wasn't until recently for ms2 base. I'd never use any non extra code anyway, it's just better in every respect.

The only downsides to MS is the lack of I/O, no sequential injection, and the closed commercial nature of it. Anyone who doesn't understand that last one has some more reading to do.

The trigger wheels look really good! :) I don't even have a 1uz and i feel like ordering one :)

Hello all i had quick question about using the Ford EDIS system with the 1uzfe. What plug wires fit the engine side and ford coil pack side? Is there a stock ford set from another motor or are you guys splicing wires somehow or did you buy some crimp on coil end adapters from accell or MSD? I looked at getting a set for a lincoln mark VIII but the plug boot is about 2 inches too long. Does anyone have a picture of their motor with the edis system fitted?

Mine is working with the EDIS system but i'm using a hacked up set of mustang wires to run it and want something better looking.
thanks
Paul

hi
i just approched a ht lead maker in my state and they made me a set.
i told them what ends i needed on them and how long i needed them and supplied them to order.
i payed $180aud for mine
try google there will be someone near you
how have you wired up the iac motor - i am using a msII ver III?
neil

any plans on another batch of trigger wheels ?

I second that, or I might use stock wheel but not sure which tooth to remove. I am not using edis.

Does anyone have an ignition map for a 1uz?