1uz vvti ecm

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotav8boat

I have done a bit of research on ecu's for this engine, I have looked at:
  • haltec
  • ems
  • link
  • delco
  • wolf
  • motec
  • autronic
they all claim they can control the vvti (true but not true)
motec seems to be the only ecu that can truly control the vvti
the others just turn it on and off to a preset advance and retard
whats the point having vvti if you cant control it properly
are there any other ecu's that can control vvti properly?
i been told that it may be possible to piggy back the factory ecu???????

can anyone shed some more light on this

thanks
peter

good luck finding one

i camn try to find one for u but theyre rare

im pretty sure not many people would want to seperate

ecu vvti

motec can control it but they are expansive if i could find a factory ecu vvti depending on price it may be worth piggy backing it
if know of any vvti ecu let me know
thanks
peter

One odd idea I thought of was using two 4 cyl ECU's to run a 1UZ V8. I have not done alot of research yet, but this may be an idea for you. If you get two 2AZFE ECU's, they are set up to control a 2.4 litre 4 banger with VVTi on the intake cam. They would be running 90 crank degrees apart, but could share the signals from most sensors. It uses an air flow meter, so that might get tricky, but it could still work okay. The best way might be to flow half the intake air through each meter, one for each bank? Since I am looking at a non VVTi 1UZ I wanted to use two 3SFE ECU's with MAP sensors and happy running with a manual trans. My 2004 Camry has the 2AZFE VVTi 2.4L with a manual trans so again, no problem running in your boat. I know my Camry uses a non-return fuel system, so the fuel pressure is just constant over atmosphere. This should be easy to do, just don't connect a vacuum line to the regulator, but I think it run at something like 60 psi. In your case, adjust the fuel pressure to get the proper mixture at moderate load.
Sounds like a fun project.

Gary M.

BMW run two 6 cylinder ECU's on their old V12 because they were too tight to develop a proper V12 one.

These engines are known for their propensity to catch fire! I don't think it's an ECU problem just an overcrowded/undercooled engine bay. A bit Like Jaguar V12's. They all catch fire for their 10th birtday. But in this case it's no loss.

Factory ECU for vvti needs a transponder amplifier, transponderkey and a body module/immobilsier to operate and these need to all be from the same car, as these are coded together from the factory.
I have tried to use the ecu alone and will only operate in limp home mode. We are doing further research to get around this issue.

Yes the Autronic SM4 should have no problem doing it.
According to its specs it uses PID control. (Proportional, Intergrated, Differential). This is a form of feedback which is often used in precision instrumentation.