1uz vs 3uz wiring an issue?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lowboost

people often say the VVTI is something worth staying away from, but i was wanting to get away from the distributers and have coilpacks instead. I figured a 3uz (minus the 5K price range) would be a great choice for a friend. He is seeking my knowledge and I've already told him about the forums but he's not a computer geek like us (or me rather) lol.

So my question is, whats the additional wiring problems people have ran into? or so on? that i should look forward to! ut oh!:Eyecrazy:

Jeff

A lot of newer Toyota motors need more than just the traditional engine ecu to work properly. They are more intergrated into the rest of the car, rely on other ecu's, the original keys (coded to each individual ecu), amongst other things.
The VVTi ones are also fly-by-wire throttle (no traditional throttle cable).

If you are going to remain on the factory ecu, I would envisage a lot of work to get it running right (or perhaps even just running :p).
If you are going aftermarket ecu, then its just a few extra wires, and some extra tuning (providing you purchase the correct ecu).

I would personally say that the 1UZ VVTi would be much easier to wire than the 3UZ VVTi, purely due to its vintage. Wouldn't be quite as fun to drive though...