1UZ Valves Interchangeable with 2JZGTE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
This higher lift w/ out spring binding is assuming the cam base circle is much smaller, so the closed position of the valve is further away from the spring seat, right?

Zuffen said:
Cyberdiamond,

Not only will the 2JZ valves allow more lift you can also introduce more duration as you can start opening the valve earlier and closing it later. Win/win.

If you went all the way and had new cams ground (from Kellfords) you could have whatever lift and duration you wanted.
You can have longer duration without the larger valves and installed height.

But to get really high lift you have to have a longer duration anyway as there has to be some ramp on the cam profile.

turboandrew said:
This higher lift w/ out spring binding is assuming the cam base circle is much smaller, so the closed position of the valve is further away from the spring seat, right?
Yes.
Or if their is enough room to remove shims, but I doubt that there is that thickness taken up with shims

The guy porting my cylinder heads is pretty busy doing 4g63's and ej20/25 heads right now. I'll call him tuesday for an update. Hopefully he had some time to look at the heads.

???

Has this gone any further yet... ?

I just need to know if it is possible using the 2JZGTE stuff on the 1UZFE and i will proceed with my porting, i ma havving the heads shipped to a place in CALIFORNIA for it to be done. Titanium looks a bit to expensive, so stainless looks that its the way to go! But as i said, is anyone definate that it all will work?? If so, buying the stuff can happen later, i just have to work out what size ports i need, ie 2JZ 1-2mm oversize and the angle size of the valve itself, Also is the stem being longs a real issue at all. I will be buying new cams from a place in NZ so getting them to a custom grind should be ok. Any help would be great, Porting is coming very soon!

ToranaJudd

Guys,
This is a ery interesting thread.
I have a spare motor and just about to get the heads ported.
After stripping down the heads and looking at the ports, i was thinking of machining the exhaust ports to accept the intake valves.
Then looking to find a better pair of valves for the intake, now seeing this thread i am interested in the 2JZ valves.
The standard wouldn't give much 1mm oversized would fit\, 2mm oversized would be maybe to tight.
The extra 22.5 degrees would be a great help !

Can anyone think of any other options ?

Regards

Stephen

Are you sure that larger valves are going to really help(much)?
Look at the ports compared to the GE ports in terms of sizing; unless you weld everything up, or cast your own heads, there's not enough metal (3mm)in the 1uzfe heads to make a very large port. Then there's the shrouding created in the chamber...

Even straightening/raising the entrance of the port would probably do more for performance,IMO, and there's the same lack of metal situation again, just not as difficult to cure.

Aren't the exhaust valves a different material than the intakes, or are they both a decent grade?

I don't doubt kelford's results, I do wonder how much of it is a result of the valves, which are already a decent size for the displacement.

SCV8,
I have a spare engine so i'm playing around with it.
I am porting the heads out to the gasket outlines and a small polish.
I am lucky enough to have a mate that will do it for free.
Whilst already having a head off and stripped down i was looking at what else i can do ?
my first thought was playing with the valves, getting new intake valves and using the standard intakes in the exhaust which will fit well.
You did make one good point that i hadn't considered the materials of the valves.
After seeing this thread the idea seemed not bad to me.
The valve stems being to long is no issue, grind them down.
I cant see why the 1mm oversized wouldn't fit, the 2mm may be to big ? have to measure it up.

If i was paying for the lot i may not bother with the valves.
Whilst i have the lot off and work getting done i figure every little bit will make a difference ?

Is there such a thing as to bigger valves ?
See maybe using the standard intake valves in the exhaust would be to big, if metals were ok ?

regards

Stephen

COFFEE, you do realise you can make the head flow worse than standard?

One of the biggest mistakes in head porting is going out to the gasket sizes on the head and intake port.
It creates a larger chamber and air speed slows as it goes through that point, exactly what you don't want!
The other biggest mistake is porting the floor of the port.

Yes you can go too big in valve size if the bowl is smaller than the valve.

If you are going to port the heads at least know what you are doing and what efffect it will have.

FYI,

My engine is currently running and the 2JZGTE springs are working very well. Basically i am trying to tell all of our members that the 2JZGTE would be a great upgrade. Being a pioneer is not always good. However, this is one of my successful trials.

I was curious if you have had any problems with your valves and springs frmo the 2jz into your 1uzfe---I am considering this also in addition to my supercharger and I am curious what the differences you noticed were---any more information you care to share since it is about a year and a half you have run those different springs and valves--

Just a couple of points to ponder.
1. Bigger valves more flow.
2. Lift and duration is the function of the camshaft not the valve length.
3. 2jzgte exhaust valves will not work with 1uzfe bucket,but does work with the shimless Echo bucket.
4. Remember the the exhaust side of the 1uzfe is pretty bad and maybe that is a good place to focus.

To add to that you can use the 2jzgte bucket with the 2jzgte exhaust valve but you need a extra thick shim that sits well high in the bucket and is fairly heavy and maybe more likely to spit at high lifts.(I have run this set-up).You can't grind a 1/4" off the valve because of the bucket to lock clearance is insufficient.Hope this helps.