1UZ lift (cams/valves)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Arnout

Measured up the shim on top of the bucket today and found out they are 1mm less diameter than the supra (as a reference). 27mm versus 28mm in diameter. The smaller diameter shim the less agressive / lift cams you can run (obviously). I'm wondering what lift people have already ran on the 1UZ with stock buckets and stock shims and when it's adviced to go to aftermarket buckets / shim under bucket or any other conversion?
Also seems like the UZ buckets are about 1.7mm thicker than the supra buckets so you cannot convert to supra buckets or shimless buckets easily as there are not that thick adjustment shims available / thick shimless buckets available.
How did people overcome this problem? Made the valve stems longer when going aftermarket valves? But what about stock valves?

Arnout, I was thinking the 1UZ shims were 28mm vs 29mm for the 2JZ?

Can't help you on the aftermarket cams with stock SOB (shim over bucket). I converted to SUB's as soon as I put an aftermarket grind in. I used the thickest Prius shimless buckets available (5.74mm IIRC) plus had to use some "shim under" style retainers and shims as we had excessive clearance between the stems and the heels of the cam lobes.

Precision Shims in Oz are a good source for nearly any diameter custom shims.