1uz spec advice

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

poweredby1uz

I was planning on building a 1uz turbo or twin turbo but after seeing some peoples builds I'm now leaning on staying N/A

The 1uz seems to get mixed results. The car will be run on 98 ron(uk fuels)

So was after reading a bit and talking to a few uk guys I have come to this spec:

Early 1uz(non vvti) (89-92) shock bottom
.40 Cometic head gaskets
Mild port and polish
Custom headers to two apexi N1 exhuasts
A custom set of cams (not 100% on Duration or lift yet.)
titanium springs and retainers
OBX ITBs
wolfkatz fuel rail
a stand alone of ecu(not sure which one yet)
Lightweight flywheel (4kg)
twin bosch 044 pumps from a alloy tank.
COP

With this engine spec above do I have any hope of hitting 400hp/400tq or near?

If you have any adjustments to spec or think I'd be better going turbo/sc please tell me :)

I am biased .. Turbo with GOOD tune will be easier to drive and easier on engine IF DONE RIGHT !!! Good tune as in fuel supply up to power levels, timing so there's absolute no chance of detonation.. 450 fwhp would be very durable.. Where an N/A would be screaming RPM to make this sort of power..
A sentrifical could be bolted on also in an afternoon..

The reason I wanted to stay n/a was weight and less to go wrong especially when drifting no intercooler to hit.

Any more advice on N/a ?

Last edited:
lol adding turbos or a supercharger won't add enough weight to matter.
and I know lots of people that drift, (a couple of d1 drivers also) and intercooler has never been an issue.

virtually every car that slides in the uk has a turbo, few bmw etc done but the majortiy do, rig up a simple water spray to help keep temps down.
I can show you how to do a simple single turbo setup, ive about done my own using an hx40 and so far including turbo its cost me 350 quid ;)

I worked out the costs today going to be around 5 grand for the 400hp N/A

Or about £900 to go single turbo(hx40) and run a sh*t load of boost try to hit 500whp it can only go bang :D

Ruishy where you get your head gasket from buddy?

I'd be interested to see your kit as well ruishy.

Last edited:
The car is not running yet, i was going to get 80" MLS gaskets, which would obviously bump the price up a bit.
But even then im still going to get a good gain for the money, ive bought a map-ecu to use as a piggy back, and have found 450cc bolt in injectors from a surprise source, all 8 for 80 quid from a local breakers :D

Where in england you from mate ?
Im working away from home but im hoping to grab some pics of the setup this weekend

Last edited:
yup, rx8 injectors, i think i mentioned that on driftworks ;)
thts exactly the same setup ive built, mine is a little firther forward to clear the fusebox though.
im currectly in chester working was juts in case you were close could have had a chat and swapped ideas etc :)

Some more UK peeps :)

Ruishy i see you on DW too.

Im also swapping a 1UZ into a Capri for drifting. Turbo app puts me off due to all that piping and wiring.

Quite like thought of Supercharging or getting some direct to Head AT throttle bodies.

It all depends on what gives most power/torque for money really. I cant work it out myself.