1uz problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

memmi87

Hey all,

Ok i got my celsior serviced and a belt replaced today got told that the crankshaft pulley needs replacing pretty badly, and drove it home, and it munched the belt didnt break which was good cause it only just allowed me to get it home. However, it slipped for a millisecond twice, now the engine light is on and is concerning me.

What I am wondering is, could that slip have damaged the engine, because it didnt stop, and still drove without change, or just set the timing out?

Most likely the ECU is detecting poor charging. I had an old corona with a delaminated front pully and it had a poor voltage code. I hope that is the problem with yours - cheers

i hope its not gonna cost me much
the slip didnt change the way the car ran, or starting... but its kinda making me worry that its damaged it in some way, but i guess you wouldn't know until u pulled the engine apart, or replaced the pulley then see if the check engine light goes away...

The crankshaft pulley doesn't drive the cam belt directly.

If the balancer has delaminated different story, but won't affect the cam timing.

I can't see why you woud have a CEL for a balnacer falling apart.

Do you need a harmonic balancer because yours is falling apart or did the mechanic mean the crank drive gear for the cam belt.

One's easy to swap the other a lot more work.

I can supply the gear but not a pulley.

The actual balancer/pulley itself as it's cracked... its coming apart, but its probably bringing the check engine light on it saying that its unbalanced or rotating in an irregular fashion... however i wouldn't know because i know hardly anything about the 1uzfe engine and all its fancy sensors and stuff lol...

but yes anyone that has the actually crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer or can suggest a place that is either in australia or will post to australia, i would be extremely grateful

Attachments

• New Manifolds.jpg
    New Manifolds.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 93
ringt he guys at sss automotive

i think they have afew 1uzs pulled apart for parts

02 989 66 111