1uz problem bout to give up on it.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jonossiksilvia

hi all got a problem with my 1uz into surf

details are:

92 toyota 1uz engine with auto 16p16p22p26p

1991 toyota surf 2lte auto 26p16p12p

1uz swap using 1uz auto into surf with 4wd box mounted on rear of the 1uz auto. is using 1uz 4 prong speedo sensor.

issues are:
1) engine idles fine but when revved wont go passed 2500rpm. it just bouces back to 1500rpm the back to 2500rpm softly. have hooked up speedo from cluster to 1uz ecu.
2) when i do rev from ilde till 2500rpm it does sound like its slightly missing on way through revs.
3) at the moment i cant get the 1uz auto to wire up with the surfs auto wires to allow the start signal or reverse lights to work. only way to get the starter to work is twisting the surfs lockout wires together but no safety feature then.

as far as i can tell all injectors are working and it is getting spark from both banks.

i have spent a total 2 days on these 3 issues and still no luck. it is starting to really annoy me now making me almost wanting to give up on it.

have spent countless hours searching google>

any help would be great guys.

cheers john

what the hell u doing wrong
2 days is nothing thats a normal thing for me
everyone on here says its fking easy to wire one of these motors up

i guess thats y im on the big bucks hahahahahaha
if u r wiring it yrself then ill give u few weeks of more stress then ill give u some pointers
integrating the surf wiring is abit fiddly just kidding

but sounds like u might have an air flow issue as they give problems around 2000 rpm
if the starter wires are not wired right then u have issues at 4000 rpm

what the hell u doing wrong
2 days is nothing thats a normal thing for me
everyone on here says its fking easy to wire one of these motors up

i guess thats y im on the big bucks hahahahahaha
if u r wiring it yrself then ill give u few weeks of more stress then ill give u some pointers
integrating the surf wiring is abit fiddly just kidding

but sounds like u might have an air flow issue as they give problems around 2000 rpm
if the starter wires are not wired right then u have issues at 4000 rpm

hi sideshow,

2days may not sound much but this has been a project since the start of the year. i guess its being so close thats properly pissing me off the most. im slowly going through all sensors and wiring. its definatly does it at 2500rpm (have tacho). ill mention its running a walbro external fuel pump and ignitors are well earthed. i did manage to get an error code of 56 but cant find this code on my charts.

by the way if i was in ur neck of the woods i properly allready have dropped it off to you :cool:.

whats the best way to clean the afm i guess it couldnt hurt to try that.

cheers john

use electrical cleaner to clean it

do a search on that code 56 as it might be whats causing it

heheh
well thanks to some wankers on certain forums bagging me out i have gotten even more anal on what info i give out
anyway theres plenty of experts on here that can wire a 1uz so im sure they will post here in the next few days
i spent 2 hours today diagnosing on the phone so looks like 1800 number here i come
3 bucks a minute should be ok i suppose

Have you sorted the internals of the hydraulic fan pump so it doesn't seize? I have only seen code 56 on the celsior ECU although the ucf20 VVti Has codes for both the hydraulic fan solenoid and the fan temp switch when they are not present. Cheers

yes i have sorted the internals for the pump. yeah this code is really stumping me- do you think this code is the relation to the rev limit of the 2500rpm? as u know i dont have the vvti model. also are you the guy from the cartune company? if so i was very happy of your speed of sending parts.

cheers

Yes im the guy from the Cartune Company and Ill pass the thanks onto my wife, she is the one that organises all our parts sales and dispatches. If you need a hand with the Wiring give me a call. I do charge for my time but make it pretty reasonable for my customers. Cheers

wish yr customers where as nice as mine kelvin
over the ditch no one wants to pay for anything hahahahahahaahahah
if smeone gave me 100 bucks id spend afew horus on the phone but no one can even spare that much hahahahaah

wish yr customers where as nice as mine kelvin
over the ditch no one wants to pay for anything hahahahahahaahahah
if smeone gave me 100 bucks id spend afew horus on the phone but no one can even spare that much hahahahaah

lol ive already spent 600+ with kelvin but might have to spend some more.

i do realise both u guys run companys and need to protect ur incomes and i have no prob with that.

cheers john

afew years ago i didnt mind helping but when half your phone calls are from
people needing free advice well its just gotten to this stage
plus when u add the internet factor making everything sound really easy and u just connect 7 wires and the thing runs well just adds up to more people stressing out thinking y is it so hard
most people get things working but when the few get problems they have no idea how to diagnose this is where i try to steer people in the right direction rather than tell them the cure this way they might actually learn something heheheeh

email me a pic of the wiring on the 26 pin plug just the back of it and ill see if yours has the wire the one that sits 5mm away from the other 3

and if the wire is there ill email u back which it is
my email is [email protected]

if this isnt yr problem then not sure what else without looking at it
so that would cost u alot more than just an email hehehehe
best get kelvin to look at it if u cant sort it out

email me a pic of the wiring on the 26 pin plug just the back of it and ill see if yours has the wire the one that sits 5mm away from the other 3

and if the wire is there ill email u back which it is
my email is [email protected]

if this isnt yr problem then not sure what else without looking at it
so that would cost u alot more than just an email hehehehe
best get kelvin to look at it if u cant sort it out

email sent.

cheers john

You feeling alright Jim. Sharing that kind of info isn't like you. Haha. If you need to talk to me John your best chance is later in the week and tell my receptionist (Wife) who you are and most likely she will get me to phone you back. Its pretty hard to get hold of me during the day as everyone rings and says "im doing a 1uz" and it drives me crazy ( or has driven me crazy). Ill put you on the top of my phone back list. Cheers

Yes I'm feeling abit generous
Atleast. I learnt today my job isn't in danger
A normal auto electrical shop tried to do some wiring
For a customer of mine cause I was abit busy
They threw their hands up and gave up so I rushed over
This arvo and had motor running and charging in 3 hours
They just don't have the brians to look at a conversion like I do
Hehehe
This shop is going to miss me
Might be coming down to Sydney regularly to do stuff for them