1uz operating temp

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZX83

anyone no what the stock thermostat opens at in a stock 1uz,
also if it ok to run a 71 deg C thermostat,
my quad cam cressida is running at about 90 with the twin AU Falcon thermo's on constantly with them off temp will rise to about 90-100 deg celsius.

Normal operating temp around 90-95c, turn fans on 98c, off 90-92c.
The 1UZ uses a bypass thermostat so you are stuck with it. MX83 radiator is a bit marginal for 1UZ.

I'm running a 60 degree thermostat in mine and during summer the engine still runs at 80degrees. Drops off when its cooler, running two radiators with over 14 litres of coolant. Cheers

cheers im lookin at upgrading the radiator soon for an ali unit, due to the lack of airflow around the 1uz in mx83 engine bay cooling is my biggest issue.

Stock thermostat is 82degC, I personally wouldn't run anything cooler.

MX83 radiator will be fine for a stock 1UZ, providing its clean and unblocked.
At about 10% blockage though, she'll start warming up.

Twin AU thermo's are also perfect, with a 95deg ON, 90deg OFF switch.

I've been running this setup in my MX73 for 2 years, and its been fine.
Even with the aircon on on a 35deg day its still fine.

i found when i went to an alloy rad it fixed afew probs but not all
it gets cooler quicker when i start moving again

but do to no air flow in enigne bay still get heat soak

i have a 71 thermostat

and i have a digital temp gauge so i know the exact temp not a variable needle on a gauge

but i have worked on soarers with a scanner connected and in std trim
the enigne read 97 degrees

so i guess they are made to run close to 100

mine used to get over 110 with old radiator

these days it very rarely hits over 100

but on hot days it willget to 105

theres nothing u can do to cure it easily

especially when i have air con stuff and no room for air to escape engine bay

i dont see any probs with a 71 thermostat

i have run both cold engine and very hot engine and it doesnt affect the fuel usage

cause fuel usage sucks all the time hehe

310 kms from 50lts sucks assssssssssssssssssss

it used to be better with the old diff ratio

hi temps wont affect the 1uz it just stuffs things around the engine bay due to heat

Mine runs at a constant 85 to 90c on hot days, will sit around 80c in the cooler months.
Radiator is standard 3 core V8 setup from HQ Holden with Twin thermos from VT commodore. it never gets above 98c ever , even on a 40c day in slow moving traffic.

most factory cars run a lot hotter these days with increased system pressures,20psi is common on ozzy holdens and fords.Most factory fans will not operate until 105c any way.I run a 16psi cap and she boiled the other day due to thermo fan fuse blowing but she still ran fine,didnt rattle,loss power or anything which is why i just thought it was a crappy standard gauge reading wrong.

I have my fans cut in at 95 and out at 85,may change that latter,just to experemint

Ive just wired an EMS DualSport into the racecar and set 2 of the aux's for thermofan. Engine hasnt been fired yet, so am curious to see if this sounds ok?

No 1: On at >89 (90), Off at <86 (85)
No 2: On at >94, Off at <86

sound OK?

cheers im lookin at upgrading the radiator soon for an ali unit, due to the lack of airflow around the 1uz in mx83 engine bay cooling is my biggest issue.

Not sure why...?

Mine NEVER had cooling issues with just a standard (albeit reco'd at some point) MX83 radiator.

That same radiator/twin EL Falcon Thermatic fan set up now adequately cools a Supercharged 1UZ. (It's true that that particular engine is having a few issues at present, but that's nothing to do with the cooling system).

Ive just wired an EMS DualSport into the racecar and set 2 of the aux's for thermofan. Engine hasnt been fired yet, so am curious to see if this sounds ok?

sound OK?

sounds a little low,if the t/stat is a 82(?)you will be closing it all the time,as the temp reading will come normally from the top(inlet to rad)side.So that means once though the rad it will drop lower,hit the t/stat and close it.

sound OK?

its sound ok ....

you can do some mod :

No1: on at 86 , off at 85
No2: on at 97 , off at 86