1uz oil pumps and forced induction

PARTS FOR SALE: Limited availability on 1UZFE EGR Delete Kits, Torque Converters and Supercharger Fish Brackets. No turbo kits. Email for info: [email protected]

ash

hi guys,
has anyone put a 1uz alloy block , with main caps fitted, into the hot wash , parts cleaner , to see what size the main tunnel grows too ??
trying to find out the clearance on max effort turbo engine, to set up oil clearances.. Thinking around 80-100 degrees setting on the hot wash.

also, is there any upgrade oil pumps around ??
ive been sceaching, but non found .

thanks
Ash

FoPar

hi guys,
has anyone put a 1uz alloy block , with main caps fitted, into the hot wash , parts cleaner , to see what size the main tunnel grows too ??
trying to find out the clearance on max effort turbo engine, to set up oil clearances.. Thinking around 80-100 degrees setting on the hot wash.

also, is there any upgrade oil pumps around ??
ive been sceaching, but non found .

thanks
Ash

go factory clearances, we went 1-thou over and lost oil pressure like crazy.

i can't speak for the UZ but i know my modular block was growing about 2-3 thou, 1-thou after just being outside in the sun not even a hot day 25c :D

upgraded pump sounds good, would like one ourselves.

ash

go factory clearances, we went 1-thou over and lost oil pressure like crazy.

i can't speak for the UZ but i know my modular block was growing about 2-3 thou, 1-thou after just being outside in the sun not even a hot day 25c :D

upgraded pump sounds good, would like one ourselves.

yes, its a shame that a high volume pump is not made for them...
having alloy rods, and alloy block the engine will expand like crazy..and lose heaps of oil pressure.

having a tight 'cold' clearance, and lose 'hot' clearance , makes for a carefull start up proceedure

thanks for input

FoPar

yes, its a shame that a high volume pump is not made for them...
having alloy rods, and alloy block the engine will expand like crazy..and lose heaps of oil pressure.

having a tight 'cold' clearance, and lose 'hot' clearance , makes for a carefull start up proceedure

thanks for input

pity they aren't like a modular pump, they can be ported out a little to make them high volume ;)

21122010094.jpg

Last edited:

ash

yer,
if i cannot get some billet ones made, and or more volume, i'll have to take the external pump route

FoPar

yer,
if i cannot get some billet ones made, and or more volume, i'll have to take the external pump route

what sorta oil pressure are u getting? we run Brad Penn 15w40 on idle we are about 25psi when the engine temp is 200+. around 180 its 30-40psi, racing its up around 55psi.

Last edited:

ash

70 odd passes in mid to high 6 second zone , @ 200 +
i admitt its a sbc, but just sticking with what works..

im putting spray bars in rocker covers, soo there will be plenty of 'leaks' with clearances, twin turbos , spray bars, pistpn cooling etc,etc
just have to make sure we have enough slippy stuff, to stop metal to metal contact

XR8tt

Yep I usually fit hi vol pumps..Even when some say not too...
Oil being bled off to turbo etc doesn't help..
Tight-sh mains clearance & good oil !!!...

ash

spare block going into hot wash this weekend...
assembled main caps..
will measure the growth from cold to hot

ash

what fuel are u running?

i think 80psi should be enough, 110+psi seems a fair whack too high but i suppose everyone does different setups.

when the hp / cube gets over about 6...its in the hemi blown alcohol range, the proven method of oil film on the crank has to be followed

Lexus94

I ran a Blown SBC Methanol race engine for years and that thing had 125psi cold and around 85/90psi hot , Idle @2200rpm on 60W oil ,Never hurt a bearing in all the years I ran it , ran easy safe tune . because of the track (Townsville) still run 7.0 @ 203mph .

Turbo4L

I can supply upgraded oil pumps if you need, just send me over a pm. The have upgraded gears and supply greater flow and pressure.