1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

What type of finish for the aluminum parts that are left?

• A gruelling smooth and shiny polish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A nice even and bright abrasive sanding.

• A quick acid wash to bleach them nice and bright.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Oh I have LOTS of room for turbos and such. I'm going to enjoy the massive power upgrade for now and just play with the Adaptronic. I'll be putting a 9in Ford rear end in soon as well to handle the power better. Then I'll decide if I need more power. This is going to be used offroad so I'm not sure about adding a whole bunch more things that can break while the truck is being jumped and stuff. I have an engineer that is dying to build me a single or twin turbo setup but man that's a lot more $ than I want to spend right now. I'll be putting a half roll cage to brace the chassis from front to back so the frame doesn't get bent from driving it hard. This is also badly needed so brace the main cab to prevent flexing. So the engine isn't the only thing I'm working on. The custom subwoofer box I'll build will be fitted to the interior framing that is going in and so will the bucket seats. But engine first before I can do the cage so here we go. =]

I LOVE my small bodylift. It's the only way you can clear larger tires on a Tacoma. Plus it gives you all sorts of room to work underneath the truck. Check this out. With the tires, suspension and body lift I don't even have to jack up the truck to drop the tranny/transfer case. I also ripped off all of those lame heat shields a long time ago so it takes an hour to remove the whole thing now. :party:

tacoma_1uzswap_08.jpg

And here we go! I'll just bolt them together and I'll be in business.
tacoma_1uzswap_07.jpg

Don't get all upset I'm just kidding. Here begins the tedious task of creating the adapter template. Then I'll be knocking on my neighbors door (multi-national precision engineering company) and he'll make sure that the tolerances are spot on when the adapter is water jetted and machined. :headbang:
tacoma_1uzswap_09.jpg

I have a clutch and plate coming at 8AM and I'll be going to pick out my hydraulic throwout after that.

The UPS man paid me a visit earlier. Looky Looky: :bling:

1uz_headers_05.jpg

1uz_headers_03.jpg

My clutch will be here tomorrow morning apparently and I'm ordering a billet fuel filter and braided fuel line right now. Gotta get this show on the road.

The pictures will keep on coming. Headers from fleBay!! I just picked up my clutch this morning as well. Everything is go time.

Attachments

• go-kiwi-.jpg
    go-kiwi-.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 312
hey any shots of the drivers side headers? will the headers clear the steering OK?

(BTW, were you standing on the roof of your car to take some of those shots?)

I was standing in the bed of the truck to get the birds eye on the transmission + engine. I'm not 10ft tall and there's no room left in the ol garage. The other header is just as tucked into the engine, same dimensions practically. I'm just going to assume they fit for now, hehe. I'll probably be lowering the engine down into the truck in the next day or two so hold your horses!! :smashfreakB:

Here check out this cat in the meantime:
kitty_oregon_trail.jpg

I'm updating my laptop now and installing the webcam software for my camera. Not that it will be very interesting but if anyone wants to watch as I monkey around with my engine swap, I'll be tracing out my adapter plate in a few minutes here.

I'll post the link to connect in a few minutes.

Ok on my profile page under my homepage is the link to the ol low quality webcam. I would post it here but we're not allowed to make changes to posts in the future once they are made here on the forum.

Ok on my profile page under my homepage is the link to the ol low quality webcam. I would post it here but we're not allowed to make changes to posts in the future once they are made here on the forum.

We need your external IP address to access it. The IP you have on it right now is your internal network IP.

Woops I was in a hurry. Try now. External IP all good now / not sure how well it will work on a wireless connection but o well... might have to run some cat5 to the garage one day. It also seems to work a lot better in firefox.

I just made my adapter template and it's time for some grub.

Hows that for an oil pan design! That thing dips down deep for capacity and I would like to see if the oil pickup goes down all the way to the bottom of it too. I bet that's an awesome design to make sure the oil pickup stays in the oil at some extreme angles.

1uz_swap_progress_01.jpg

I got the engine out just before it started raining again. Time to clean things out of there and go pickup my hydro bearing and some other fittings.

No prob. It makes a stock engine look way modified. :headbang: You never get tired of looking at it, kinda like the headbanger smiley with the horns up...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 14