1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

What type of finish for the aluminum parts that are left?

• A gruelling smooth and shiny polish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A nice even and bright abrasive sanding.

• A quick acid wash to bleach them nice and bright.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I was thinking I would put the engine on the trailer and hook it up to use to push my truck around.
You're the man!!! No one can beat you. Win! win! Try to get your project done soon so we (southern Lextremists such as you, David, other Dave, me, John, and James) can gather around sometimes for beer.

So here is my exciting update. Since I'm waiting on headwork and such I've had plenty of time to detail things. I had to SCRAPE the carbon residue off with a painters knife and degrease the piston tops before I could take the little Dremel to them. Here is a before and after:

fwf_cyl01.jpg

Here is what I spent a couple hours on today degreasing and using little brushes in the cracks...

fwf_cyl02.jpg

And here are some of the best tools out there for wire brushing/cleaning! They really speed things up. I couldn't have gotten things near as shiny without them.

fwf_rotarytools.jpg

Nice job, Smith. The pistons look like new. Make sure you didn't scratch the cylinder walls, otherwise, they won't seal. I'd rehone the cylinder walls when the engine is outside, and I'll use the new rings. When your truck is done, let's race with my stock V6 Tacoma and see if you'll have a second thought about the project...LOL. :boggled:

Nice job, Smith. The pistons look like new. Make sure you didn't scratch the cylinder walls, otherwise, they won't seal. I'd rehone the cylinder walls when the engine is outside, and I'll use the new rings. When your truck is done, let's race with my stock V6 Tacoma and see if you'll have a second thought about the project...LOL. :boggled:

Steve of course I rotated the crank to get the pistons to the top of the cylinder before I operated on them. No chance of scratchin here. No chance of me tearing this thing down any further either! It ain't broke so I ain't fixin it! Surely you jest about that race or else I will have to take you for your pinkslip. Take your pick... the SC or the Tacoma... they won't have a chance when I get my 1UZ in my truck. :006: I admire your spunk.

Attachments

• 1uzfe-spring 004.jpg
    1uzfe-spring 004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 32
  • 1uzfe-spring 005.jpg
    1uzfe-spring 005.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 1uzfe-spring 006.jpg
    1uzfe-spring 006.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 1uzfe-spring 003.jpg
    1uzfe-spring 003.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 20
Steve of course I rotated the crank to get the pistons to the top of the cylinder before I operated on them. No chance of scratchin here. No chance of me tearing this thing down any further either! It ain't broke so I ain't fixin it! Surely you jest about that race or else I will have to take you for your pinkslip. Take your pick... the SC or the Tacoma... they won't have a chance when I get my 1UZ in my truck. :006: I admire your spunk.

.... Take your pick... the SC or the Tacoma... they won't have a chance when I get my 1UZ in my truck. :006: I admire your spunk.
My SC is currenly down for a single turbo setup with a goal of breaking the 400 hp mark so what can I say??? Boost your 1UZ Tacoma, Smith! I don't know about the available space when the 1UZ in your Tac, but you can still be able to do it. You may either go with a Richwood rootstyle supercharger, a centrifugal supercharger, or a turbo system.

.... Take your pick... the SC or the Tacoma... they won't have a chance when I get my 1UZ in my truck. :006: I admire your spunk.
My SC is currenly down for a single turbo setup with a goal of breaking the 400 hp mark so what can I say??? Boost your 1UZ Tacoma, Smith! I don't know about the available space when the 1UZ in your Tac, but you can still be able to do it. You may either go with a Richwood rootstyle supercharger, a centrifugal supercharger, or a turbo system.

Haha oh man you know I'm itchen to do it. SPace?? Again you make me laugh. There is plenty of space under my hood for more toys. If not I can just fab it to reality. I'm not afraid of cutting and welding. I already have an intercooler brand new just sitting here on the bench. Just by throwing on a mild turbo on my engine 400 shouldn't be too hard... not with the Autronic and my custom work that is being done to my heads. BUT if I did that I would probably have to go with new pistons... yeah lemme get my engine in first. Putting a turbo on is not that big of a deal compared to what I'm faced with at the moment.

I thought I would get some more trash talk out of you tonight. You must have had a long day or something =]

Haha oh man you know I'm itchen to do it. SPace?? Again you make me laugh. There is plenty of space under my hood for more toys. If not I can just fab it to reality. I'm not afraid of cutting and welding. I already have an intercooler brand new just sitting here on the bench. Just by throwing on a mild turbo on my engine 400 shouldn't be too hard... not with the Autronic and my custom work that is being done to my heads. BUT if I did that I would probably have to go with new pistons... yeah lemme get my engine in first. Putting a turbo on is not that big of a deal compared to what I'm faced with at the moment.

I thought I would get some more trash talk out of you tonight. You must have had a long day or something =]

Hey thanks, I try. This has been a dream build for me and I really can't wait to start putting the finishing touches on it. As of now I'm just waitin on my headwork. I think I'll go by the shop tomorrow and see how they are coming.

OK we have some progress to report. I picked up my one set of heads and intakes today. I'm trying to decide how I want my other set reworked for forced induction but that's down the road if at all. There is a long list of things that were done to the whole set of parts here. A LOT of material was removed in the porting process on both the intake and exhaust side. The chamber area was also modified. The valves are stock diameter with a 3 angle cut, as the stock ports are so restrictive that enlarging the valves really won't improve anything in my opinion. The incoming airflow was designed by some of the smartest engineers in the world with the stock size valves so changing how the AF mixture enters the cylinders is a mistake unless you are running forced induction. This is my opinion and I am sticking with it so please don't comment about this on my thread here. I have many experienced people that agree with me on this.:28:

fwf_port05.jpg

The valve clearances are perfect, everything is super clean and the flow has been improved substantially. I want to drive this engine a lot so I'm confident that it will remain efficient in this configuration/design. All the intake mating surfaces were port matched and the insides themselves are completely clean and free of any carbon. It's going to be great peace of mind to have this engine clean as new inside and out.

fwf_port04.jpg

And a couple more pictures of the work done to the intake manifolds. Yes I'll be coating the manifolds again with red. This time I'll do both of them =] Time to assemble!

fwf_port02.jpg

fwf_port03.jpg

Today I cleaned up my second engine super bright and shiny. Tomorrow I'll put the oil plate/pan on and the front and rear crank covers on. Things will be coming together very soon. I should get my coated manifolds back this week at some point...

fwf_mrclean_01.jpg

fwf_mrclean_07.jpg

fwf_mrclean_02.jpg

Awesome job mate...i notice that you have it on the bench..? i take it is not that heavy..lol..at this stage.So just to clarify..You took it down to block..leaving the pistons,rods,bearings in..thats it?and used a dremil to pretty it up..Cost on porting heads..?

Hats off good job again:bigeyes: