1uz into Early Holden, Vic (Aus)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ Wagon

Hi, I am starting to gain momentum with my conversion and need some advice.

I have a 91' Celsior half cut and I'll be running the Engine and Auto G'box from this and I'm just after recommentdations about the tailshaft choice.

I am running an IRS from a late model holden and the G'box from the celsior has the Rubber donut style yoke attachment on the rear and I'm wondering if this would be suitable for running a prettty std two piece tailshaft with centre bearing mount.

what early holden exactly?

how are you retrofitting VS S3+ IRS into an early chassis?

the stock 2 piece tailshaft will be fine for a stock motor - but lose the donut thingo and get a stock yoke.

It's a 64 EH Wagon. The IRS will need shortnening to fit and I have new rails that run about 120mm inboard of the original rear chassis rails.

So it's best to lose the donut then. I am planning to keep it stock for a few years then I might play around as I learn more.

I spoke to a tailshaft place and they recommended I change it to the stock yoke. Any Ideas where I might get one?

I did see someone had made thier own somewhere here but I can't find the pics and details.

I just got an adaptor made up to convert the 3 prong output to a standar uni....

Pics in my thread here : http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3861&page=3&pp=20

I was going to convert the output housing over, but nobody up here was able to help track down all the required bits.... so I just got an adaptor made.

If I did it again, i'd install a 2 peice shaft as you won't have to worry about hitting the limits of your tailshaft.. (Mine is only good to just over 4,000rpm)

Other good thing with the adaptor.. If I change gearboxes, the adaptor can change as well, without having to move over the modified output housing.. (Been there and done it once allready.. :( )

If you need any info, just ask ;-)

Wow, very impressive account of your conversion. I think I'll look at doing something similar if I can't find the right bits. I'm really not ready for a talishaft yet but I'm just looking further down the track and doing a bit of research.

When you say it good for just over 4000rpm, is this due to the slip joint?

I am assuming the custom made flange was balanced along with the tailshaft when it was made.

Thanks.

1UZ Wagon said:
Wow, very impressive account of your conversion. I think I'll look at doing something similar if I can't find the right bits. I'm really not ready for a talishaft yet but I'm just looking further down the track and doing a bit of research.

When you say it good for just over 4000rpm, is this due to the slip joint?

I am assuming the custom made flange was balanced along with the tailshaft when it was made.

Thanks.
4000rpm thanks to the god dammm length of the thing, and the slipjoint not being enclosed in a center bearing setup...

Its still fine all the way to 140 before I feel any sign of vibration... (The vibration may also be from the adaptor as I never got around to getting it balanced.. :p )

But since this is just a dailydriver that just does the speed limit everywhere.. its fine the way it is..