1UZ Into 1KZ Surf - NZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nt_a_foz

So after going in a mates(Adam off here unsure his username) hiace van that he recently converted from 1UZ to 1KZ it made me want one even more than i did before haha.

Iv got a 1993 KZN130 4x4 Surf. Obviously has a 1KZ-TE motor and the gearbox/axle trans numbers are A343F G294.

By the sounds of it you have to use the rear sump motor however have been told that you can flip the 1KZ subframe around and rethread the steering arms and then this allows you to run a front sump motor (Cheaper)
Is this correct and has anyone done it?

Was planning on using some engine mounts and a bellhousing adaptor from Kelvin off here to mount it etc.

Am i likely to have any issues with the factory extractors/exhaust manifolds?

What other issues am i likely to face? Obviously radiator fitment and fan fitment is going to be an issue what have others done here.

If anyone can offer some advice or point me in the direction of a thread of a similar truck thatd be primo.

Cheers
Brad

A KZ surf is just like any other surf except the mounts are in a different place. Go have a lie under your vehicle and you will work out theres no swapping subframes around under there. ( thats a bad idea thats been suggested for hiace) I prefer front sump (no mods needed) with a body lift or a custom sump if no body lift. Headers are a pain but we do them. Internal roller handbrake recommended , intank fuel pump and gearbox shifts a bit. All normal conversion stuff really. Cheers

Mint so i could get away with a front sump motor if i put a body lift in. Would 2 inch be enough or more required. That can be done easy as so no troubles there.

Walbro pump or similar suitable for the task im assuming. Easy and cheap to come by.

Gearbox shift require different mounts and shortened/lengthed driveshaft or is there enough slack in the shaft to get away with it.

What do you mean by internal roller handbrake?

Thanks for the info much appreciated.
Cheers
Brad