1UZ fits in Supra!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
plenty of room in there, stick a couple of Y2K turbos in no problem.
If you're worried about displacement get a stroker crank made up

There is no room for 2 Y2K's under the hood. There is hardly room for 1 3.5" downpipe in the engine bay. A pair of medium frame turbos would fit in there no problem, you'd just have to route the downpipes to dump in front of the front tires or up or down, but not back. A pair of GT35R's with t4 housings would be real nice, good for 700hp a peice.

Have you seen how little room there is bart??
I have the 1uz in my jza80 and we are fitting two y2k turbo's and let me tell you there isn't alot of room... I am ripping my hair out trying to fit them

Bart said:
plenty of room in there, stick a couple of Y2K turbos in no problem.
If you're worried about displacement get a stroker crank made up

Alright, so can I do the opposite? Can I take the 2JZ outta your MkIV and put it in my SC400?! I'll trade you motors plus some cash! Is it as straight forward (to drop in) as the 1UZ was to go into the Supra?

I am still [quite impatiently] waiting on my machine shop. Some days I wish I just had an auto, and this thing would be driving by now. Hopefully next week they can spend -some- time on this.

Once you get the 6spd in and everything running youll know it was all worth it.

Have you got the bellhousing/adapter plate or are you still stuck on machining that flywheel?

Andrew, i am in exactly the same situation as you.... if i went auto, it'd be done....

i'll be going into Dellow today to talk to Jeff about the adaptor plate.... he's quite optimistic about it though.... if it works out well, there'll be a kit available for all us 1uz owners....

Finally got a "scratch" flange from the CNC shop. Fits quite well, except something went wrong with the dowel holes; need to fix that. Hopefully the next version will be 1.5" thick.

Very nice.. Andrew... now u need to make few more...... I need one...

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 68
Scalpul, I am going to use a whipple 2300AX twin screw supercharger. I am shooting for ~650 rwhp

Lex, I in tend to make a few more, probably 1.5" thick

You would have to mill off the existing flange (about 3/4") on the 6 speed bellhousing and weld on this one. Making an adapter plate which allows both the engne and 6 speed to bolt to the adapter appears to be impossible, unless you tilt over the 6 speed about 8 degrees, something I am not willing to do.

So, if you got one of these flanges, you would have to go through that process: (1) mill off flange, (2) get a 1UZ block and have the back end pointing straight up, (3) bolt flange to 1UZ, then (4) place tranny on top, centering the input shaft on the pilot bearing and lining up top and bottom with 1UZ, then (5) weld up the flange to the 6 speed.

The best possible scenario would be if someone offered a 6 speed bellhousing with the new flange on an exchange basis. I'm not sure I would want to do that, as I would have to keep an extra 6 speed (to align the flange before welding) just to do this. If I could find a broken 6 speed really cheap, I guess I would consider doing this. At that point, I'm not so sure how many people would want to spend $$ on the 6 speed anyway. Offering something like this would probably cost over $700 + core bellhousing. I'd rather sell just the flange for less and let the buyer take care of the welding.

Progress?

So far here's the parts list, based on the posts in this thread:

1UZ
early sc400 sump and mounts
custom flange
Some sort of ECU (JDM Crown, aftermarket (AEM, etc.))
Custom or modified flywheel

what else did I miss?

Bad news: The CNC shop that is making the new flange has had a number of issues that have delayed the work.

Good news: I bought my own vertical mill, it arrived last week, and I should have my cutting tools here soon.

Also, I think I have a way to make an adapter which does not require welding a new flange on the transmission, and it does not require tilting the transmission a few degrees left or right to avoid bolt holes from engine and tranny overlapping. I -really- hope I can start working on it this weekend!