1uz FI

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sweetlikechutny

I've been looking at the 1UZ swap for my 89 turbo supra and it seems enticing. I've been doing a lot of research into doing the swap. I wanted to do something different then the other supra guys. I love the way it sounds!

I was wondering what kind of boost a stock 1UZ will be able to handle. What kind of numbers have people been able to get with a stock 1UZ?

Reason I am asking is because I don't see the point of swapping if I can't boost it and get some good numbers out of it as the 7M is ready to handle 400ish horsepower.

It also looks to be very difficult to squeeze in a turbo in 1UZ MKIII supra.

Please any information would be helpful. On the supra site we have a list with what internals we need to change to exceed a HP limit, e.g.

head gasket - >0HP
pistons, rings - >400HP

etc.

Thanks

here is my 1uz mk3 supra
picture205-800.jpg

it is na for the moment but im planning on installing a m112 supercharger in the future.

I can tell you fitting turbos will be very diffacult, you would eather need to run the downpipe(s) under the subframe or do somthing funky with the mounts and remove a few accesseries.

heres a pic of my monts and lack of clearance for anything more.
IMG_0376.jpg

There seems to be no room for the turbo on the MK3 Supra. I'm not sure about the front, but the M112 sounds like a better choice. Only the hood clearance might cause some issues. 10 psi with the M112 on the 1UZ is a monster for sure.

bwhaha, my car is in the back.

Yeah there is absolutely zero room on the MK3 with the 1uz. If you supercharge it, your in luck, there is PLENTY of room for that vs a turbo :)

Jake and Matt, there is ton's of room, what are you talking about???? Just kidding. The UZ in a A70 chassis is extremely tight.

I am working out the details for a twin turbo set up in a MKIII (A70). The manifolds and turbo placement are cakewalk, but like Jake pointed out, its the down pipes the present the problem. If you didn't mind loosing the A/C, there wouldn't be any issues, but in my case, Im planning on keeping A/C.

A single turbo would be a lot easier to deal with and make work.

ive heard of around 400hp without internal work. but this isnt something ive done so what do i know. i can chime in more on this in a few months when i have my m112 fitted.