1UZ-FE Twin Turbo?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah that's me :) Was all filmed at our defunct local drag strip for a magazine article...quite a few years ago now and a heap of changes not to mention quite a bit more power :)

Plenty of vid around. One of the 11 sec run at the drags, one toasting a race prepped 911 at my local circuit...all sorts of stuff around the web. Google is your friend ;) That's the prob with vid, others take it :)

I think I have seen most, including the lose, or should I say optimistic use of the throttle, on the last turn at Wakefield followed by an incredidbly smoky u turn LOL and the Porsche getting owned, on used Porsche cup slicks too wasn't it?

Still waiting on that 10s run @ WSID now the wick has been turned up to beat that 11.2 Or maybe the time will be worse with more horsepower and even less traction.

Mickey Thompson drag radials FTW!

I have some MT Street ETs actually and it'll run a 10 on them for sure IF the rear outer CVs hold up....which i doubt having broken one already :(

LOL i think i know the footage of the spin, cameraman wanted some dorifto action which is a bit dicey on that corner so had a coupla spins going for a bit too much angle :) Been back a few times since with the best time on slicks.....just my street rubber when i passed the porsche though :)

Well let us all know a date when ya gunna run next. I presume it will be @ wizard? I'd like to come down and see it run a 10, which we both know its more than capable of, traction wise considering but those ET streets like you said should do the job just don't drop the pressures too much and I would avoid a tyre warming burnout. Ya 60ft times won't be spectacular but atleast your CV's should survive. The ET's will munch them for sure if you get them up to temp and launch hard on low pressures. In fact I'm suprised they survive at all and only breaking 1 so far, seeings how you don't treat them too kindly!

I missed out on a run in the RG many years ago at Wakefield due to rebuidling my own after a big end failure,(I was the guy pestering you for info from Newcastle, many thanks for all your help BTW, thanks for the recent help re sump baffles on toymods) maybe I could get a run at Wakefield instead in the 1UZ, but I fear I will be in for some white knuckle syndrome, I've never made a good passenger.

I seem to be following your trends with a 1UZ project on the horizon. Please don't start wearing pink because I won't go there. :)

ah the old 18RGT, fond memories of that engine and that old 77 Celica was an axe, chopped many a big budget car :)

Recently did a stroked 18RTG into a RA28. 2.4litres and was starting to show some real potential.......lost a big end from some over enthusiastic boosting by the young fella that owns it :( Rebuild planned with all the fruit this time around.

Next track day is in March. I hope to make it but close to Dubbo so not sure i'll have the time as prep days are hard to come by with all the house reno work going on and a new bub :boggled:

Pink should stay on the inside where it belongs i say :)

Your certainly a trend setter, or someone who's not afraid to do something 1st. 1st 18RGT I believe (in Oz), highest powered 1UZ with stock bottom end I have come across, so thanks for all your help you gave me I went onto rebuild the RG albeit NA and blow it up again, again big ends because after 3 months of rebuilding it, I rushed it at the end and didn't fix the achillies heel of RG's, the dreaded big ends and properly prepare the sump. I've now sold it to a young guy in Tassie of all places and will help him rebuild it.

Sorry for the off topic trip down memory lane, back to the topic.

I believe you are using the Autronic SMC? Did you get the optional auto-tune feature? Its one feature that interests me regarding the Autronics. However I would also like traction control and I don't think that's available using the SMC version? It would also be nice to have launch control.
So that is leading me towards choosing the SM2 or SM4 (budget permitting)

Justen, Twin 1uz.. is too cool!!!!!...What kinda of whp did that baby shell out at it's peak?....Also, I am curious as to what your fondest build to date is? It sounds like you have gotten your hands dirty a few times....

Come on Jibbby, surely you know about the TTUZ? :) It's currently around 530rwhp on 17psi. I have to be close to the limit of the stock internals but still looking for sensible ways to sneak a little more out of it :)

Yup, over the years have built quite a few grunters. The 77 Celica mentioned above was a bit of a favourite as for a fairly basic setup it punched well above it's weight. At our local circuit it was toast a R33 GTR V-Spec and was running the same times as the current production V8 at the time which was a $200K built. Ran down a 355 and even toasted a 750 Katana on some twisty country roads, rider stopped for a long chat after as had never been done by a car like that before and was looking a tad confused :)

Current proj is a little 1967 KE10 Corolla. Was to be a drag weapon with 13B turbo but a local law change has stuffed that plan so have gone back to 3S power. Will go with more of a circuit theme now as that is what really floats my boat...do still like a drag race and a bit of a drifto session every now and then.

All time fave would have to be the GT8 though of course :) The older i get the more i like torque :)

Your certainly a trend setter, or someone who's not afraid to do something 1st. 1st 18RGT I believe (in Oz), highest powered 1UZ with stock bottom end I have come across, so thanks for all your help you gave me I went onto rebuild the RG albeit NA and blow it up again, again big ends because after 3 months of rebuilding it, I rushed it at the end and didn't fix the achillies heel of RG's, the dreaded big ends and properly prepare the sump. I've now sold it to a young guy in Tassie of all places and will help him rebuild it.

Sorry for the off topic trip down memory lane, back to the topic.

I believe you are using the Autronic SMC? Did you get the optional auto-tune feature? Its one feature that interests me regarding the Autronics. However I would also like traction control and I don't think that's available using the SMC version? It would also be nice to have launch control.
So that is leading me towards choosing the SM2 or SM4 (budget permitting)

No mate i have the SM2. I have traction control but yet to set it up. Could have had auto tune but not a fan i must say. Tuning is no biggy and is so vitally important to your overall success that i won't leave it in the hands of some conservative auto program. Dead easy to get a base program off the web to run anything so even if a tuner is miles away there's just no need for autotune in my book?

Well Justen you da man...If your blowing away 750cc motorcycles then I would say you are driving one wicked car...I raced a Honda CBR1100 a year ago to see if I could hang and got lit up like a christmas tree, it wasn't even close and I was running on the juice too...:no:

Yes, I would have to agree with you that pushing 530whp is pushing those stock 1uz.. internals close to the breaking point...From all my years of 1uzfe knowledge I have never heard of or seen a stock internal 1uz-fe engine ever being pushed over 500whp...I guess the forged internals are over kill on these motors as many elect to change out to the forgies even prior to 400whp in fear of piston and rod failure......

Good deal, and I agree torque is king.....Lowend grunt, you got to love it... Incorporate nitrous into your rides and you will really see those torque numbers jump...:shock:

Hmm that is intersting about autotune. I realise you would start with a base map, then tune from there even with autotune. I thought it would have been much quicker to set some target AFR's load it up on the dyno throughout rev range to map it quicker than was possible with a human tuner and more accurate.

ie my thoughts would have been to setup a conservative AFR of say 12.0:1 then increase boost and let it retune then let autotune map it then slowly workup to say 12.3:1-12.5:1 for the best power. Are you saying that autotune was even more conservative than you conservative ignition maps?

I spose I'm looking for a shortcut to say rather than someone like SAS charging $1800 to map it. I wonder if they use the autotune feature themselves to save some time? Then tweak the maps from there.

For those others looking for more info in Justen's car here's a link to a toymods thread about it.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index....313d56629db5a2c&rev=&reveal=&start=0&count=60

The Autotune feature allows you to set the A.f ratio to what you require and then goes about setting up the ECU automaticly (hence the term auto tune). When set-up it allows you to change the af ratio by typing the new value.Very clever.!!!!!!!!

I'd say everything about the Autronic is very clever :) If you know all the specs of your mechanicals and use all the available settings then the SM2 gets you pretty well right straight off the bat ie it just calcs your fuel needs and does a damn good job of it too.

When i make mods now i never have to touch the fuel map, just make sure ignition is where i want it.

Well Justen you da man...If your blowing away 750cc motorcycles then I would say you are driving one wicked car...I raced a Honda CBR1000 a year ago to see if I could hang and got lit up like a christmas tree, it wasn't even close and I was running on the juice too...:no:

Yes, I would have to agree with you that pushing 530whp is pushing those stock 1uz.. internals close to the breaking point...From all my years of 1uzfe knowledge I have never heard of or seen a stock internal 1uz-fe engine ever being pushed over 500whp...I guess the forged internals are over kill on these motors as many elect to change out to the forgies even prior to 400whp in fear of piston and rod failure......

Pah, the 750 was toasted by my 4 cly turbo :) ...the TTUZ GT8 has surprised a few big bikes including a 900 Honda Fireblade and 1100 CBR :shock: It's a 10 sec car that handles with easy 300+kph top end. Even on my street tyres it does 0-60mph under 4 sec. The biggest limiter on the car is probably me getting old and responsible ;)