1UZ-FE Air Snorkle for Surf/4Runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Hadmatt54

I currently have 2 projects that I'm sourcing parts for. 86 4Runner (Factory Turbo that will have a 1JZ-GTE (Single Turbo VVTI) when finished and the project which I'm working on now an 85 Pick-up/Hilux which will have a 1uz-fe 5 speed. As most of you know unless you have a newer 1uz with VVTI (intake center front)the intake is on the right side of the vehicle. Since I'm building this truck for serious offroad use I'm looking for a snorkle for the right side of a generation 2 pickup/4Runner. Here in Canada that would be 84-88 Pickup or 84-89 4 Runner. So far in my research I haven't been able to find one and I've found the following companies who make snorkels. Air Tech, Air Flow, Safari and Black Beard in NZ. The first 3 are of course a plastic or PVC compound, but the Black Beard is all Steel construction. I know everyone is going to tell me that a right hand snorkle for these trucks was never made, but I just got back from a trip to Australia and New Zealand. I saw a snorkle on a 2 generation Surf/4Runner that if it wasn't made for the right side of that truck, whoever built it made it look factory. The truck was a pure white 4 Runner 84-89, aftermarket wheels and tires and it looked to be in great shape. I couldn't look at it too long as I was driving in the lane beside it. I saw it in Nerang, Queensland, Australia just outside of Surfers Paridise the week of March 26th. I'm hoping some of you fellows down under might have seen this truck or know who owns it and can point me in the direction of contacting this guy to find out where he got his snorkle.
Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Hi there, I'm sure I have read on another forum here in Oz that some Hilux/4runner owners have reverse mounted the inlet manifold on the 1UZ without too much drama to connect to the standard snorkel.