1uz and 2uz wiring harness interchangability?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
C

cowboy bebop

1uz,2uz, 3uz wiring harness interchangability?

Hey guys, maybe this is an oddball question, but I want to know if the 1uz,2uz, 3uz engine harnesses are interchangable. It would seem that the only difference would be the inclusion of the COP plugs, but I want to make sure.

Basically I am thinking of 2uz heads on a 1uz bottom end.

Thanks guys,

Eric

They are not, the ecu is located in the engine bay for the 3/2 and vvt 1uz engines. The VVT engines have 2 more cam sensors for the vvt as well as wires for the solenoids, they have 8 injector and 8 ignition channels. Because of the different intake manifolds the wires are routed in different areas of the engine. There are other little things not worth discussing.

But as far as 2uz heads with 1uz block just use 2/3/vvt 1uz harness. Since you have a mkiv supra and like me i assume you would prefer to retain original mkiv ecu location i would get a fields harness and start splicing.

Hmmmm... so to use the vvt 1uz, 2/3 harnesses, the harness would have to be extended to the passenger footwell from the engine bay. But the early model 1uz harness reach.

But from what I'm understanding, the 1uz VVT harness is going to be virtually unusable, but the 2uz-fe harness would work as long as the harness was extended? I appreciate your help Red Supra.

Eric

The 1uz vvt harness can be used just like the 2uz harness. The best thing to do is to find a sc400 harness. Already has the right ecu plug and the right length. The body connectors must me considered as well.

Ahhhh...now I see. I think I misread your previous post. Although I'm sure there will be be cut/splicing involved at some point, I'm looking for the last amount possible. The prospect of hacking a harness to bits in not a bright one.

Eric

My intention was to start with a early SC400 harness, which will get me most of the sensors wired up. I will add wires to fire all coils and injectors individually and also read the vvti cam sensors and PWM the vvti actuators -I would most likely do this by starting with the wires for those coils/injectors/sensors/actuators from a vvti harness, and extend them to reach the SC400/Supra ECU connector.

Your other option is to use your existing Supra harness and reterminate the ends to proper length on the engine side, while adding two more wires for the 7th and 8th injectors and adding another wire fo rthe 4th wasted spark pair of coils.

Ok guys, not to beat a dead horse, but I want to make 100% sure. The 1998+ 1uz-fe VVTi harness actually travels into the passenger footwell, as pictured here...

1827393434.182978394.IM1.08.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

And this harness will plug into the previous generation 1uz-fe (non vvti)

Thanks guys,

Eric