1st Gen Tacoma w/ 2uz and R150- Lots of codes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

YotaOFFroad27

I have a 99 Tacoma with an 02 2uz, and R150 Manual trans. My truck has been running since Dec. It is AWESOME!! I live in the states and my truck has to pass annual inspection. This means no CEL, and no stored codes.

Currently I dont have thing wired in for the transmission. I do have the neutral wire run to the clutch pedal for starting.

I am getting these codes NOW:
P0710- AT oil temp
P0753- Shift Sol A
P0758- Shift Sol B
P0773- Shift Sol E
p1760- Lenear Sol- Line psi

I feel like the first four codes will be taken care of with resistors, but the P1760 is a sign wave, and I am not sure how to go about replicating it, or how to get around it.

Also, I feel sure that once I get these codes taken care of, the ecu will continue to trigger new codes.

I am not new to wiring, but I am new at trying to fool computers... Any help is welcome..

I have read a lot of threads on 1uz wiring, but would like some input on 2uzs.

put a scanner on the ecu and read what the trans temp is
then fit a resistor to get the temp at the correct temp
fixing these errors is not a straight forward fix so just just need to go thru one at a time

I read about a guy that did a 5 speed swap in a IS300 that has the 5 speed A650. He actually tore apart the A650E, pulled the solenoids, wired them and plugged them in, got rid of the solenoid codes. I recall you still have to keep the engine thinking it is in neutral, though, to keep it from trying to shift.

I also read the solenoids (at least in my above example) had variable voltage (or resistance, V=IR) so resistors wouldn't necessarily work. But maybe he just tried the wrong resistors. I am not sure.

From my research:
- 15 ohm resistors for the solenoid codes
- 200 ohm resistor for the oil temp code

Are you running it in neutral or drive?

With a bit of stuffing around resistors will work when done correctly. There are some which need to be quite high wattage with good heat sinks as they will get hot. One I used a 4 channel injector resistor with two pairs wired in series.

Hey kelvin how's things
I had a customer once use a small resistor to bypass the hydro fan solenoid
Thing got too hot he burnt his fingers
So I get them to use like u said a dropping resistor or a fuel pump low speed resistor
But I've been to busy doing gm lsx looms and ford 6 cyl turbo looms and not much 1uzs anymore

I read about a guy that did a 5 speed swap in a IS300 that has the 5 speed A650. He actually tore apart the A650E, pulled the solenoids, wired them and plugged them in, got rid of the solenoid codes. I recall you still have to keep the engine thinking it is in neutral, though, to keep it from trying to shift.

I also read the solenoids (at least in my above example) had variable voltage (or resistance, V=IR) so resistors wouldn't necessarily work. But maybe he just tried the wrong resistors. I am not sure.

I have heard of people talking about that swap, but I have never seen it before. I also dont have a transmission to take apart and take parts from.

put a scanner on the ecu and read what the trans temp is
then fit a resistor to get the temp at the correct temp
fixing these errors is not a straight forward fix so just just need to go thru one at a time

FSM states that any resistance range between 79ohms and 156K ohms. So anything within that range should be fine. I dont have an auto trans to measure....

From my research:
- 15 ohm resistors for the solenoid codes
- 200 ohm resistor for the oil temp code

Are you running it in neutral or drive?

Forgive me, but it has been a few months since I wired my truck. If I am right, it is not wired into any gear. I have the neutral wire run to the clutch N.O. switch and that it.

I had thought of wiring everything in Reverse. Seems like I was told some place that the ECU runs less checks in that gear....

With a bit of stuffing around resistors will work when done correctly. There are some which need to be quite high wattage with good heat sinks as they will get hot. One I used a 4 channel injector resistor with two pairs wired in series.

hmmm.. good idea. but let me ask you about the P1760 code. The FSM shows that as a sign wave. how can i get past that one?? Also, I feel sure that once I start to knock out the shift sol. codes, other codes will start to pop up, EI, torque converter, input & output speed sensors, all of which produce a sign wave...

hmmmm.... Ok so how do you program that thing to produce the correct sign wave? and I assume I would need to know how to build a simple circuit board.... Also it looks as though the "chip" needs a trigger signal to know when to make the signal. I know very little about building or programming.. Im going to need an education...

Last edited: