1992 ls400 1uz / s13 240sx wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anthonygrud

okay so i have a 1992 ls400 1uz and im thinking about the wiring ... what a mess. Im thinking about running a after market ecu since i know the stock ecu is one of the many things restricting this motor so if someone could help me out and point me in the right direction for this.... by the way just gunna be doing a 5spd conversion , exhaust(headers and back) , intake , egr delete and thats about it.

Thanks, Anthony...

Anthony I have the same motor I think, I dont see the need for an aftermarket ECU, the Lexus ECU runs the motor fine, dont trust everything you read on line, what ECU do you have, or didn't you get one with the motor?

im a newbie in a wiring so dont kill me :eek:

unforuntetly my motor did not come with the ecu ... only the motor and full wiring harness , i was thinking an aftermarket ecu for easier wiring(if thats true) ive read up that the megasquirt 2 is pretty good and a decent price(430$) also the tuning capabilities would be pretty nice ... just trying to gain information before i head one direction with the wiring and ecu.

Thanks, Anthony

Ha ha, I'm currently working on the same thing, however I'll be using a SC400 harness. I did find this, though this is for a S14

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/cation420/400sx project/400sxwiring_Page_1.jpg

That's the basis of it, and I also found this
http://forums.nicoclub.com/jdm-zenki-s14-sr20det-swap-into-a-dohc-s13-t323022.html

Though this is for a SR20, it shows the pin outs for the S13 Dash connectors, and most of their functions so I'm sure you could put two and two together and figure it out

you sir ..... are a saviour haha .... thank you alot

and very nice ! how far are you along? we should keep each other updated because it seems every thread i find on a 1uz 240sx stops halfways and no real information is supplied .. im planning on doing a full thread on EVERYTHING in this swap

also sorry is the first picture for s13 ? or s14 ?

first one is S14, but you're pretty much only going to use the first section (the LS4 pins) so you know what you need to wire up, after that you just need to find out the S13 equivalent.

Well I haven't started yet actually, my 1uzfeT MKIII died Saturday, I got smashed Hulk style via semi truck, but I've two S13 chassis, so it makes more sense to drop 'em into one of my 13's than buy another MKIII really

that really sucks ... its never fun getting hit my a semi truck , i havent started wiring yet either matter of fact .. i dont even have my shell yet , i want a s13 coupe shell , no hatches for me .. but if i cant find a coupe im going with a s14. Right now im just tearing down my motor and doing water pump , timing belt , blah , blah .. Also this is my first car im owning , im only 16 but ive been around the "240 scene" for about 4 years now ..

Hows the swap coming? I have motor set but havent started on the swap yet. Thought i would read up on the wiring. Have you started on the DIY thread yet? would help A LOT.

Here is what i have gathered,

EB2 connector is a 3 pin connector and is near the igniter
EB1 connector is a 6 pin connector and is near the igniter
IJ2 connector is 17 pin connector near the ECU is dark gray, has 2 rows of pins.

You need switched power to EB2(2). This is a black and orange wire.
You need switched power to EB2(3). This is a black and red wire
You need switched power to IJ2(11). This is a black and orange wire.

You need constant power to EB1(4). This is a black and yellow wire

To start you need to supply "start" power to EB2(1) which is a black wire.

And of course you need to figure out what it takes to turn your fuel pump on

S13 BROWN PLUG

SOLID/STRIPE

BLACK/PINK------------- FUEL PUMP
GREEN/ORANGE------- NEUTRAL SWITCH
BLACK/YELLOW------- IACV POWER
RED/ BLACK------------- ECU RELAY
BROWN------------------- 02 SENSOR
BROWN------------------- 02 SENSOR
PINK----------------------- N/A
YELLOW/GREEN------ N/A

S13 GREY OVAL PLUG

BLACK/RED(THICK)----------- MAIN IGNITION POWER
RED (MEDIUM)------------------ ECU BACKUP/CONSTANT POWER
BLACK/WHITE(MEDIUM)---- ECU POWER
BLUE/GREEN-------------------- AC RELAY
GREEN/YELLOW--------------- AC RELAY
BLACK---------------------------- GROUND
RED/BLUE----------------------- N/A

u should be able to use the s13 body plugs
there are 3 plugs left habd front
and one under dash
getting the s13 dash to work is more fiddly than getting motor to run

im in process of doing an l98 gm ls2 motor into an r34 gtst skyline motor is piss easy
getting speedo and tacho to work will involve alot fo testing

Ha ha, I'm currently working on the same thing, however I'll be using a SC400 harness. I did find this, though this is for a S14

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/cation420/400sx project/400sxwiring_Page_1.jpg

That's the basis of it, and I also found this
http://forums.nicoclub.com/jdm-zenki-s14-sr20det-swap-into-a-dohc-s13-t323022.html

Though this is for a SR20, it shows the pin outs for the S13 Dash connectors, and most of their functions so I'm sure you could put two and two together and figure it out

Did that top diagram work, and is the SC400 similar to the 92 LS400? I know all the body info from the S13 and S14 side, just need the Lexus pinout info. I have just bought the complete car so I can replace my recently deceased SR20 in my PS13. Sorry for being a bit lazy, I only made the decision yesterday and bought the car in the afternoon so haven't had time to check the ECU plugs yet.