180 degree headers for 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey all,

regarding a true 180 degrees exhaust system set-up
I've been sketching for a bit and came up with this solution, it should give the shortest possible runners and still be able to be fabricated quite neat.

problem is you need space, and as I'm planning mid engined that's quite easy!

anyway please look at the piccie.

I think I have made the right combinations on joining the exhaust pulses in to the collectors for aiding the scavaging effect. also the easiest routing of the headers can be done this way i think.

note that the collectors will be turned slightly (on a radius) so that the lowest 2 pipes will be the pipes entering from the opposite bank, that way you can run 4 pipes parralel inbetween the banks. (eerhm methinks)

does someone have something to add or improve to this?

Grtz Thomas

lets try again

here it is
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=11449_1uzfe_180_degrees_exhaust_122_355lo.jpg

img.php

grtz Thomas

cool, a bundle of snakes. there are some typos on your pic also. on the matched cylinder numbers, next to the drawing; cylinders 1-4 are on B, and cylinders 2-8 are on A.

when you finish it, i would like to hear what it sounds like.

Anaema i don't understand you post (dutchi here) you mean that it is OK?

I made the drawing myself to my idea so it better be :) since i couldn't fing it online anywhere just some theorie.

it'll probably be a few years to the first run, lets buy and build the rolling chassis first.

grtz Thomas

Anaema i don't understand you post (dutchi here) you mean that it is OK?

I made the drawing myself to my idea so it better be :) since i couldn't fing it online anywhere just some theorie.

oh nevermind, i was just being an idiot.

have you decided the chassis you will use yet?

yep:
GD T70 Lhd, center shift chassis, AP 12" braking system, G50 box, normal roadgoing bodywork not lightweight racing body.

I hope to begin working on the chassis somewhere in august or september, but will be having a website up and running by then I think.

grtz Thomas.