18" Minilites

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I've always liked the looks of the 8 spoke Minilites that came on the old sports cars of the 60's, so when I found a company in the UK that was building them in 16"/17"/18"/19" I started thinking about a set for the blue Supra.

Here's sorta what they'd look like on my black car (I'm terrible with photo editing, and really hopeless with PhotoShop)

I think they look pretty snazzy; comments?

I've always liked the looks of the 8 spoke Minilites that came on the old sports cars of the 60's, so when I found a company in the UK that was building them in 16"/17"/18"/19" I started thinking about a set for the blue Supra.

Here's sorta what they'd look like on my black car (I'm terrible with photo editing, and really hopeless with PhotoShop)

I think they look pretty snazzy; comments?

I love Minilites.

You're right; now I'm really glad I put those new coilovers on. That square configuration should increase the area of the tire patch and the stopping power though.....

minilites look good on minis. they dont call them supralites for a reason lol. sorry just my opinion. i think supras look good with some nice big wide dished rims, like Work wheels from japan. different strokes for different folks i guess.

Are they panasports? I love the minilite/superlite style and there are more aggressive versions (read dish) than that one that i think will look even better?

Cheers Justen,

I'm interested in their 18's with 9.5" wide fronts, 10.5" wide rears in Supra fitment, which means probably between 40-50mm offset, 5 x 114.3mm bolt circle, and a center bore to fit 60.1mm hubs.

I also noticed they offer the outer rims in stainless as an option. That could be interesting.

They also offer the choice of either cast or billet center hubs, so I was going to talk with them about the pro's and con's of those.

Cheers Justen,

I'm interested in their 18's with 9.5" wide fronts, 10.5" wide rears in Supra fitment, which means probably between 40-50mm offset, 5 x 114.3mm bolt circle, and a center bore to fit 60.1mm hubs.

I also noticed they offer the outer rims in stainless as an option. That could be interesting.

They also offer the choice of either cast or billet center hubs, so I was going to talk with them about the pro's and con's of those.

John close is the Supra and SC400 off sets? I am trying to get some 17s or 18" rims with about 10.5 to 11 for the rear and run drag radials on them.

David, I'm guessing since everything else is close on the two models, the offsets are too. The stock Supra wheels were 17" with 50mm offsets, but I don't know the specs on the SC400, do you?

Thx Justen - it looks like the Aussie wheels only go to 15" or 16" and I'm after 18's. I'll break down and call the people in the UK tomorrow.

Justen, they're made by a UK company called Superlite Wheels UK: http://www.superlite-wheels.com/index.html and these models are called their Ultralite 3 piece: http://www.superlite-wheels.com/wheelpage.asp?cat=2

I've emailed the company 3 times so far without a response; they certainly have nice wheels, but apparently aren't too interested in selling them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the UK company Superlite seems to be on its last legs.

I too tried to buy some wheels off them but the website is 5 years out offdate so add 30% to the prices, the telephone numbers are wrong, when you get a correct number its a crappy ansaphone message and when they return the message ( 4 days later) the guy tells me that he "only works mornings in the office as in the afternoon he goes down to the factory".......

Have you tried Revolution wheels, although their sizes are a bit limited?

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers Tony,

Pity to hear that about them. Those 18's are gorgeous, and would look great on a lot of cars.

Do you happen to have their current contact number? It would save me from making two transatlantic calls.

Cheers Tony,

Pity to hear that about them. Those 18's are gorgeous, and would look great on a lot of cars.

Do you happen to have their current contact number? It would save me from making two transatlantic calls.

Hi,

Try 44 1452 730500 ( the phone numbers on the products pages dont work and they dont read emails).

I saw the Minilites in 15" on a Cobra and fell in love with the "meaty" look of them, especially as the Image halibrands I bought for my last Cobra corroded out from underneath me so I wont be using them again

Cheers,

Tony

John close is the Supra and SC400 off sets? I am trying to get some 17s or 18" rims with about 10.5 to 11 for the rear and run drag radials on them.

The SC offsets are also +50mm. Problem is that the wider you go and the bigger, +1, +2,+3, +4, than the more issue you will have with the center of the wheel being further from the hub center, and clearance of the wheels. typically, you will have to chane the offsets to make the wheels fit. Keep in mind that the more you change the scrub radius, the more potential for tramlining, and other handling issues...

Ryan

I can't recommend where I got them from, long drawn out saga that I don't want anyone else to go through.

I got them for $2300 shipped.

Best bet would be to go direct to Performalink and deal direct with them. They are the only authorised importers and everyone buys through them. No one else holds any stock.

They would look good on the Supra!

Matt.