12mm head studs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think being creative save lots of money. Creativity is innovation.... Awesome Dass.... do u have any pics... perhaps u can show us how it is done. I might be interested too.

Bottom end is off being balanced,but will be putting it all together in the next few weeks and wll post a few pics. Darren

Hi All,
Bolted up the head today using the 1/2 arp studs (ford cleveland) and the factory type mls gasket.I enlarged the gasket hole with a stepped type bit.
Eric's comment about crap getting between the layers is true ,but the lexus gasket is not crimped around the cylinder and only in two spots.I cleaned in between the layers with degreaser , air and soapy water the heat dried to stop any rust.If you wanted to be extra sure it is easy to put the gasket apart, clean and reassemble.This will not work of couse with a gasket that is crimp around the cylinder.Also 1 stud has to be shortened to clear th cam gear. Hope this helps anyone thinking of doing the same. Darren.

Dass,

I am going slightly smaller. I made few calls and found out the the MLS gaskets holes for studs are .450". I think the 7/16" is .4375". Therefore, no head gaskets mod required. We are making the threads as we speak. 7/16" is about 11mm.

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
7/16" = 11.1125mm = .4375"
.45" = 11.43mm
(The closes fractional bit would be 29/64th @ .453125", an 11.5mm bit at .4528", or an 11.25mm bit at .4429") Don't know why I threw that in, but inquiring minds have to know!

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1