1 uz into 2wd navara

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hi dave ,can you post some more pics , im almost there with mine just got the headers to make, plumb up the clutch line ,move the battery, and get it wired, not to much to go but not enough time with work in all.

cheers
mark

cheers dave ,was your ute not injected,what did you do with the sump, did you massage the trans tunnel over at all, are you still running the standed auto and computer? im going to run the standed computer , i figure they spent $$$$$$$ on getting it right for it , why mess with it.
thanks for the pics

cheers mark

No my ute was a good old NZ new carburated 2.4 litre petrol. I had to enlarge the tunnel a bit on the left side(panelbeat). I used a forward sump engine and had to modify the back of the sump to clear the track rod, I also had to make a new anti-roll bar to clear the sump, made it a bit thicker while I was at it. I am running the auto that came with the engine (Toyota A341E). I am running a Microtech eng mgmt computer which is going very well.(we have a top Microtech agent in Christchurch who can really set them up great). For the trans I initially made a circuit with a few relays and was running the auto manually off the shifter. I have since fitted another computer to the trans and have spent the last couple of weeks getting it sorted. I am reasonably happy with the fully automatic functioning, although I have a wee bit more tweeking to do to the shift points and WOT kickdown. I have just fitted a couple of shift buttons to the steering wheel and have got the trans shifting manually tiptronic style, so at present I can switch it between auto and tiptronic. Its working well but the Toyota trans doesnt have engine braking in 1st and 2nd which is a bit of a bugger, but I'm working on that. The trans computer has worked out fairly costly (almost $2000 kiwi). I have added a few more pics of the trans bits.
Cheers
Dave

Navara trans manual upshift and downshift buttons

Oops the pics didnt attach in last message. Here are the extra Navara pics, the upshift and downshift buttons are mounted on a temporary bracket on the steering wheel until I can work out a tidier way to do it, I will probably try and find a wheel off a more upmarket Nissan with radio or cruise control buttons and use them, or buy an aftermarket wheel with buttons already installed. As you can see there are a lot of wires used to control a Toyota trans :).
Cheers
Dave

i tryed to find a rear sump but with no luck. i ended up with a mid sump that i changed by cutting the steel pan about 20mm from the bolting lip and slid it back to the end of the motor ,and cap the openings off .also extend the oil pickup to. it clears the crossmember and sway bar and steering arm by about 15mm , i also changed the dip stick position by rremoving a little plug that is on the right hand side it was real easy.ican try post some pics if your interested

Hi Mark,
Used Commodore V6,hoses VP from memory. I built a 12mm thick aluminium adaptor plate to put under the thermostat housing and spun it around so it faced the left side of the ute as this was where the radiator outlet was. My radiator was the double row one from a 4WD Navara, but a friend used the standard single row Navara one in his ute without any overheating problems.
Cheers
Dave