Remove resonators or muffler??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

slightdrift003

What do you guys think would be better(Power, Sound wise), TO remove the resonators or remove the final mufflers and keep the resonators? I think I read a while ago that the stock mufflers are more constricting than the resonators, anyone know about this?

Maybe not that many have tried it; that or they missed your post.

I'm a Supra owner so I really can't give you a good perspective on it. Try it both ways & see what you yourself prefer would be my advise. I find that what others like doesn't necessarily suit me.

First of all welcome to Lextreme.

A suggestion on posting: describe what you are trying to do and why. Example: I have a 1999 LS400 and would like it to sound a bit more aggresive but not loud. Would it be better...

You do not list which vehicle and or your goals.

On most Lexus vehicles it is easy to remove the last two mufflers and test drive. Have you tried that.

Let us know a bit more about yourself and what you are trying to acheive.

I have a 90 LS that I have an open air intake, magna flow cats, deleted the res, and put a free flowing muffler. It is to loud. it sounds very good outside the vehicle, but between 55mph and 70mph it is loud in the cabin. I don't have any numbers for power but a noticeable difference in pick up, from a stop. I am thinking of deleteing third cat adding free flow res, just my .02

On my SC400, I had my cats deleted, it sounded nice with stock mufflers, then I took the stock mufflers off, and it sounded too much like a mustang for me

Easiest/cheapest way to get som extra hp and extra dB would be to delete the center resonator and replace with a 2.5" straight pipe and delete the 2 mufflers just after that with 2.0" straight pipe while leaving the final mufflers as is. It will look 100% stock (sleeper look) and will sound a lot louder w/o being obnoxious/raspy. Changing just the center resonator alone will change the exhaust note considerably.