Peewee goes to the Drags

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peewee

And does pathetic times

Run #1 - 14.353 @ 97.71
Run #2 - 14.301 @ 96.25
Run #3 - 14.360 @ 96.67
Run #4 - 14.328 @ 97.61

If there was a prize for consistancy, it would be mine. Not bad for a manual eh!

Going to go and weigh the car on the weekend if I can, its obviously heavier than the 1400kg with me that I thought it would be.

Clutch was slipping on the way home (not majorly) so maybe that played a factor.
I need to raise the rear and make it stiffer too.

Oh, that last run was against a VZ R8 Maloo 297, he ran a 14.229 then, and I saw him do a 14.1 later, so maybe it was just a slow night (woulda been about 15-18deg)

wow when i ran my LS at mid 15's i was getting 98 mph trap speed. You must have awsome launching i guess. Do you know your 60' time? I guess its the manual part... stock LS torque converter doesnt do me too much. Then again that was with my very heavy 19's on. With tyers they weigh in at 54 lbs each! Great job on consistancy, if you guys were bracket racing im sure you would have taken them all!

hmmm maybe my memory doesnt serve me too well, lol. I went to the track about a full year ago, so maybe it was not a 98 trap speed. Ill have to see if i can dig up my old tickets or just go to the strip again, wahoo!

my corolla did a 14.1 @ 94mph..... heehee... that was fun beating that worked Vz maloo ute.

now im just being mean to poor old peewee here! Dude your car aint as light as you really think it is, and you also probably drive like a girl... HAHA!!

although i know my crown wouldnt be anywhere near that ET.

Its that damn dual TB setup... j/k

Not bad times but not as quick/fast as expected.

I would be surprised if my car is making 240rwhp and my race weight is right at 4000lbs / 1818kg. My times were in perfect air. Typically I run 14.4x @ 97mph in 80F temps.

Alignment could be one reason. Tires fighting each other will eat up power.

Did you remember to release the emergency brake? hahaha

Peewee, have you got any photo's of your car in any other thread?
I'm interested to see what a UZX73 is.

Attachments

• oil 001.jpg
    oil 001.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4
  • oil 002.jpg
    oil 002.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4
  • oil 003.jpg
    oil 003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
  • oil 004.jpg
    oil 004.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
  • oil 005.jpg
    oil 005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4
  • oil 006.jpg
    oil 006.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 4
I was surprised just how heavy it was too.

I was expecting at least 100kg lighter, especially with the manual 1uz.

Conversion was easy, being Toyota into Toyota, a lot of thing just 'fit'