Nissan Cedric

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gowest

RB26DET engine from nissan all-wheel-drive SKYLINE GT-R (R33), 5speed transmission borrowed from rear wheel drive SKYLINE GT-S, Blitz intercooler, 19"Work VS-KF rim. Apex- power FC programable ECU, Greddy E-01 boost controol, Twin nismo turbo kits, Nismo muffler, Brembo brake form EVO7, VIP body kits, full set of Defi guage, Ogura twin plate racing clutch, 380 rear wheel horse power on dyno at 1.4 bar, but set at 1.0 bar for street used.

I like it, nice car & i bet it goes hard as well.

I've been considering buying a imported 4door sedan for a while now, & a cedric is one of them. Others include R32,R33,Cefiro,i also really like the TOYOTA JZX90 (JZX100 out of my price range)Chaser but they are not allowed to import the JZX90 into AUS. I would like to modify which ever car i get along the same lines that yours has been done. Did you do all the work yourself?

fugly said:
I like it, nice car & i bet it goes hard as well.

I've been considering buying a imported 4door sedan for a while now, & a cedric is one of them. Others include R32,R33,Cefiro,i also really like the TOYOTA JZX90 (JZX100 out of my price range)Chaser but they are not allowed to import the JZX90 into AUS. I would like to modify which ever car i get along the same lines that yours has been done. Did you do all the work yourself?
The previous owner did most most of the work, and all I did to this car is replace worn out transmission and upgrade wheel to 19". I like JZX100 Chaser very much, and it come with 1JZ-GTE VVTI engine.

I spend almost 2 years on this project mustang and still not complete..... the ride is nasty but caught attention every where I go.

Might need to sell the Cedric in order to keep the Mustang.

Cedric is as roomy as LS400, your kid should be fine in the back, the only thing I don't like about of the Cedric is lack of cup holder and no memory seat. LS400 ride softer desprite being lower to the ground. I would recommend LS400 over Cedric. More comfort and luxery.

I see why you get plenty of attention in your Mustang, Wild looking car & a nice looking conversion,the offset on those rear wheels look pretty wild to.

Is the LS400 the same as the Celsior? i haven't included the big Toyota's on my list is based on the shear bulk of them, i know i said i wanted enough room for the kids but i also want the car to double as a performance car as well (the bigger & heavier the harder to get it moving), so i guess there has to be some compromise. I'm also wanting it to be a 6cyl, cheaper rego for one.

On a completly different subject, my run around is a 1983 suzuki 800 hatch,the motor is a F8B 3cyl 800cc carburetted engine, noticing your in Thailand & you play around with cars you might (If they even exist over there) be able to help me with some info on a small Suzuki van or ute that may be fitted with a similar 3cyl engine, but also fitted with small supercharger.
The supercharger is what i'm interested in.
I may have been given the wrong info here, but i figure no harm in asking.

This financial drain project begin 2 years ago when I purchase this 66 Mustang. It was my first American car. The first day I drive it home and the engine broke down and can't find any shop who can fix it. (American car in Bangkok need specialty shop for serviceing, which at that time I have no info on any of those shop. )

Then I decide to change the engine. I choose 1JZ-GTE vvti 2500cc engine from JZX100 (Chaser in Japan). The engine come with small single turbo design for low end torque and it made 280hp, same as 2JZ. The 289 V8 is what I truly want but after checking out some website selling crate engine in USA I calculate the shiping and duty and seem that V8 option will be very expensive. (I was wrong about that.)

I swap out all of original Mustang front suspension and replace with entire Supra unit. The metal work was done at body shop and take about 3 months. The good thing about using Supra suspension is that it came with power rack-n-pinion and 2pot disc brake. Supra weight about 1500kg and Mustang at 1350kg so I think it should be fine. Now almost done just have to fix some bug on brake system and I will bring it to dragstrip soon.

PS. During this project progress many bad decision was made and lot of money was spend on wrong parts. Going through Mustang forum wasn't help much since no one ever do such swap. Unlike LS400 - 2JZ-GTE swap I'm doing right now I have all info I need b4 I start project and made life much easier. Thank to this forum and Retrodrive.

gowest, what sort of modification laws/requirements for registration do you have in thailand? You've certanly done some pretty serious mod's to your mustang.
I would have sworn that, that 1jz looks like a standard (non sequential) twin setup??
Have you ever ran your Cedric over the quarter?
What's your drag strip like in setup & traction?

fugly said:
gowest, what sort of modification laws/requirements for registration do you have in thailand? You've certanly done some pretty serious mod's to your mustang.
I would have sworn that, that 1jz looks like a standard (non sequential) twin setup??
Have you ever ran your Cedric over the quarter?
What's your drag strip like in setup & traction?
Over here MONEY make thing a little easier when facing with laws/requirements. If you know what I mean.

It ran 14.6 at 1.0 bar of boost on 19" rim. I assume that if I switch to 17 wheels and 275/40 semi drag tire. The time should be much better.

The twin nismo turbo kick in at about 5500rpm and without 4wd system to back it up like skyline GT-R this car can't make it to 13. Drop clutch at 5500rpm seem to make time worst. The engine produce 380rwhp on dynojet at 1.4 bar of boost. Look good on dyno but not so good on street.

Compare RB26 to 1JZ vvti.............I think that 1JZ produce lot of torque much earlier and seem to make more power at lower RPM.

I think 14.6 is pretty good on street tyres if track preparation is not much, my local track (townsville) is not prepared well. Must use slick's to get a good time.
Racers who live in places like Brisbane (Willowbank Raceway)are spoilt, i've seen cars run realy good times on ridiculously small rear tyres & with an open diff!!
You didn't mention what mph you got, that will give a better indication of your cars potenial.
I wish our authorities were as understanding.