Looking for a car stereo installer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

Yeah, Ive finally aquired all the bits for my audio upgrade in my '98 LS.
Ive got the 7 speakers and a 90 watt per 5 channel amp. Does anyone know a good installer on the NSW Central Coast ? If i can't find anyone up here, I'd even go to Sydney.....

Try it yourself shouldnt be to hard, save yourself a bit of cash for your next project :)

I'm glad I didn't try to install it. I took it to Monster car audio at Erina..
It took them a day and a half and they didn't mind me watching. Jeez, when they had the head unit out there were an unbelievable amount of wires everywhere... They re-cabled everything and the guy that did it, Mark is a true professional, his workmanship was just beautiful, so neat, as neat as factory... There's no way I could have done a job like that and if I did it would take me a week !!! $400 well spent.... :)

'98 LS400 Audio upgrade

Well, the upgraded system was well worth the wait. It pumps, the rear view mirror vibrates and the air in the car really punches. After I replaced the 8" stock toy sub with a real one, it made the rear parcel shelf vibrate, it was very noisey, it sounded like the sub was distorting badly but it was the metal shelf vibrating. I covered the whole shelf with sound deadening material called Dynamat, it reduced it but didn't stop it. I tried a shallow sub box just sitting on the back seat and that was teriffic but i didn't want to leave it at that. So I took the rear armrest out and made a sub box out of 18mm MDF which fitted in where the armrest was very neatly. (don't have a photo of it) I up sized the sub from 8" to 10" and using the seperate sub controller to 'tune' the sub the whole system now sounds pretty darn good, it's not perfect but it's the best I can do with the limited budget I had. I bought everything 2nd hand on ebay ($850) risky, but everything worked perfectly...except the sub which i bought new on Amazon ($220) and $400 for the install.
So all up it's cost me $1,500 and it's worth every cent. I don't listen to it loud very often but just listening to it it's like being in a concert hall.... All up, I'm a happy chappy..... :)

Attachments

• Amp pictures 012.jpg
    Amp pictures 012.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Dynamat speaker boxes 006.jpg
    Dynamat speaker boxes 006.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Gun speaker system5 001.jpg
    Gun speaker system5 001.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Gun speaker system3 003.jpg
    Gun speaker system3 003.jpg