IS200 Swap from 1G-FE to 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
HI guys,

any one know how many earth/wires should be connected to the engine from the body ?

Thanks

Attachments

• dimension.jpg
    dimension.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 125
  • LAYERS.jpg
    LAYERS.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 122
Hi guys, i have now fitted the gearbox out of the LS400 to my IS200 swap for now!! as i dont have the time and cash to get all the parts i need to use the R154 i have! i will only be useing this auto/box to get the car to a BIG jap show at the end of (August) called JAE here in the UK its the show you dont want to miss, so im trying my best to get the car done for then, ( well get it running any way lol) so gearbox is fitted, Oil/cooler is all so fitted, along with the intercooler. start to weld up my header's this week < i will let you know how i get on with them lol

how you going with the wiring ?

Well as i fired the last ECU, i have a 2nd ECU out of a 1993 LS400 but with useing this ECU i will have to use the wiring loom as well, so i have pulled all the wiring of the the 1993 engine and refitted it to my engine in the IS, but before i pulled it from the engine i made sure i knew what all the exter wires went to! so now i know where the exter wires go :)

so in 2 or 3 days i should have the manifold all welded up and on the car, then i will start the wiring ;)

Hi guys, i have not posted on here for some time now, as i have not had much time to do anything to the car, well over the weekend i started the wireing, had to wire the IS200 ECU up as well as the 1UZ ECU, as there are some bits on the IS i need to work still and thats why i had to use the IS ECU as well, I got it all done today, but when i went to fire her up! she wanted to start but never did, Now i have to look over it to see whats what, could someone just post all the pinouts i need to use from the 1UZ ECU so i can make sure i have all the right ones, im 99% sure i do have all the right pinouts but it would be nice just to make sure!!

+ when i put the key in the engine light starts to flash, but then stops when i turn it round to ON, could this be down to the EGR as i have it disconnected,

so any help with thsi would be good,

Thanks

Happy days are all most here :)

have you made sure the injectors arent locked up, it's really common, just turn her over and get someone to put something like wd40 or spray start, if it fires when thats being sprayed in, and not other wise it's probably a fuel problem.

check for spark by removing a lead, and putting a spare spark plug into the lead and holding the plug within 1-2mm off the block, if it sparks you got spark.

no it's not the erg.
Hi mate, like i say it trys to fire, but dont get there, fueling is ok, i will do a spark test next as thats the only thing i have not checked lol, but then it has been siting for 2 years......ill let you konw how i get on,

my moneys on injector gates being locked up by fermented fuel. I didnt mean "are the pumps working", I meant "are the injectors actually opening"

Hi mate, yea they are opening ok as once i had turned the engine over, i pulled each plug to see if there was fuel and there was, so i know the injectors are working, but how good they are i dont know, i should send them away to get done as they have been siting for over 2 years.

Thanks for your input Anodyne..

GUys i need your HELP!! i wired the IS up, and i was looking over it today, when i got to the fuel pump "something was not right" as the pump was running with out the car on, so it seems i have put i wire somewhere when i wired her up so the pump now has a direct 12v line to it, what could i have done to make this happen......??

if any one could point out what i could have done, please tell me........

im of to take alook over the wireing be back later

Marcus,

Have you earthed the ignitors, they are earthed through their bodies and if you haven't the car will never run.

No idea why your fuel pump is permanently running but as its permanent live have you checked the wiring on the fuel pump relay is correctly connected.

Theres only a few wires you need to get the 1UZFE lump running so it should be a simple fix.

Cheers,

Tony

Marcus,

Have you earthed the ignitors, they are earthed through their bodies and if you haven't the car will never run.

No idea why your fuel pump is permanently running but as its permanent live have you checked the wiring on the fuel pump relay is correctly connected.

Theres only a few wires you need to get the 1UZFE lump running so it should be a simple fix.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tonyd, thats a good point you have there, thats why it gos to fire up but dont!! the fueling is ok just me hearing things lol, tony do you have a pic of where the ignitors should be earthed ?

Thanks for your input mate

yes on ly afew wires to get it running but a shitload if u want it right hehehehehe

how have u triggered the fuel pump relay
later model 1uzs cannot control yr every day relay or even a circuit opening relay u mneed a toyota fuel pump ecu
or just run an rpm relay like i do on most my conversions

anyway get a normal relay pin 30 is batt in with 20 amp fuse
87 is output to pump
85 is trigger from rpm relay
86 is neg or pos trig depending what signal is on rpm relay

im guessin u have wired up either fpr or di pins to a relay which wont work properly as they normally goto fuel pump ecu

yes on ly afew wires to get it running but a shitload if u want it right hehehehehe

how have u triggered the fuel pump relay
later model 1uzs cannot control yr every day relay or even a circuit opening relay u mneed a toyota fuel pump ecu
or just run an rpm relay like i do on most my conversions

anyway get a normal relay pin 30 is batt in with 20 amp fuse
87 is output to pump
85 is trigger from rpm relay
86 is neg or pos trig depending what signal is on rpm relay

im guessin u have wired up either fpr or di pins to a relay which wont work properly as they normally goto fuel pump ecu

Hi mate, im not only useing the 1UZ ECU i have had to use the ECU that came with the IS200, and thats how i have the fuel pump working, the 1UZ ECU is from a 1993 car, and it dont have the pinout FPR ? then saying t hat it 5 or 6 wires on the 93 ECU are not the same as the 91 or 92 ECU ??

But then saying that the fueling side is ok, im geting fuel, just not geting a good spark!!

all input welcome :)

what do u mean good spark
u eithe rhave a spark or u dont
vary rarely u get weak spark these days with the techonolgy on late model systems
if u are getting spark then that shoul dbe good enough to start
are yr injectors pulsing import enignes very commonly have stuck or shgut injecotrs
try squirting fuel down throttle and see if it starts

what u have wired is major work
ive done it afew times and its never easy and gets messy

u need to simplify it as best as possible
forget bout the is200 ecu for now
get 1uz ecu powered and run fpump direct to battery just for initial start and testing then u can sort out the is200 stuff down the track
half the time some shitttt wont work propelry in the dash anyway
the 1uz in is200 i worked on had lights on here and there and other lights coming on at wrong times

just go thru everything slowly and u might get everything working

what do u mean good spark
u eithe rhave a spark or u dont
vary rarely u get weak spark these days with the techonolgy on late model systems
if u are getting spark then that shoul dbe good enough to start
are yr injectors pulsing import enignes very commonly have stuck or shgut injecotrs
try squirting fuel down throttle and see if it starts

what u have wired is major work
ive done it afew times and its never easy and gets messy

u need to simplify it as best as possible
forget bout the is200 ecu for now
get 1uz ecu powered and run fpump direct to battery just for initial start and testing then u can sort out the is200 stuff down the track
half the time some shitttt wont work propelry in the dash anyway
the 1uz in is200 i worked on had lights on here and there and other lights coming on at wrong times

just go thru everything slowly and u might get everything working

Hi mate, im geting fuel & spark, as it trys to strat but dont, could the timeing be out ?? and thats why its trying "but dont start" im just about to go over every thing now checking all that i have done.

Thanks for your input mate, good to have help at hand :) ill let you know how i get on

hhmm well had no luck, it seem that the fuel stops as so as i release the key, + the HT leads have had it as im only geting sprak at 1,3,5, wheres the best plce to get some leads from and what ones are the best!!