IS200 Swap from 1G-FE to 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Keep your intank pump as your lift pump to a surge tank. For your 400hp fly you only need one bosch pump (044 or 910 will do). Use a -8 line to give you plenty of headroom and potential for future mods. Single pump really simply things. Return line only needs to be fairly small...just use your current fuel line to the engine as your return line (again, just simpler).

The most important thing to aim for is dual feed to the fuel rails. Just run a T piece from one rail to the other. Try page 4 of this thread

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.p...art=0&count=60

You can see my boot mounted fuel system but you can also see some of the main points of the fuel rail setup...not great but best i can do at present.

You can see the T -piece i mentioned, where i run the FPR from and i run a fuel pressure gauge as well.

Hi mate, thanks for your input :) so what if i disconnect the pump in the tank, run a NEW -8 line with an inline fuel/pump upto the FPR! then from the FPR to the fuel/rails then return by the FPR back to the tank.....i will put the return in the neck off the filling pipe, so the fuel can run back to the tank..............would that work?

Keep your intank pump as your lift pump to a surge tank. For your 400hp fly you only need one bosch pump (044 or 910 will do). Use a -8 line to give you plenty of headroom and potential for future mods. Single pump really simply things. Return line only needs to be fairly small...just use your current fuel line to the engine as your return line (again, just simpler).

The most important thing to aim for is dual feed to the fuel rails. Just run a T piece from one rail to the other. Try page 4 of this thread

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.p...art=0&count=60

You can see my boot mounted fuel system but you can also see some of the main points of the fuel rail setup...not great but best i can do at present.

You can see the T -piece i mentioned, where i run the FPR from and i run a fuel pressure gauge as well.

Hi mate, thanks for your input :) forgive me but whats a surge tank? like i said im new to the fueling side of things:ponder: so what if i disconnect the pump in the tank, run a NEW -8 line with an inline fuel/pump upto the FPR! then from the FPR to the fuel/rails then return by the FPR back to the tank.....i will put the return in the neck off the filling pipe, so the fuel can run back to the tank..............would that work?

The surge tank is the alloy tank in my boot mounted system with the Autronic sticker on it. Saves you getting fuel surge when cornering as your tank gets low.

Your plan ain't gonna work work. You have to keep your in tank pump. If you don't want the trouble of a surge tank then just run the current standard line out of the tank to the new in line pump and run the 2 in series. Then run your new -8 line (don't think you need it to be honest as your stock fuel line will do the job) to the fuel rail NOT the FRP. The FRP controls fuel rail pressure and is where the fuel exits the rails. Just use your stock return line to the tank, NO WAY run it back to the neck of the filler pipe.

No offense and i know you are trying to learn but i think you need someone who does have some experience to help you out and check things as they are done. A stuff up with your fuel system could cost you the whole car in a nasty fire...not to mention your life

Thanks :) just one thing that link you put up dont work for me, thats why i asked what is a surge tank....

1) i dont think the IS has a return line ?

2) im going to need new pump as the OEM will be maxing out?

3) dont think i need surge tank as this car will only see 1/4 mile runs no track (wast of time)

no offense taken mate :)

so what you are saying, run the OEM line from the tank to the new inline pump -8 upto the fuel rails then to the FPR.......so the FPR can keep the rail pressure/up ..............then run the return line back to the tank ( but not the neck as this is no good) but back to the top of tank!??

Thanks :) just one thing that link you put up dont work for me, thats why i asked what is a surge tank....

1) i dont have a return line on my car as it is

2) im going to need new pump as the OEM will be maxing out?

3) dont think i need surge tank as this car will only see 1/4 mile runs no track (wast of time)

no offense taken mate :)

so what you are saying, run the OEM line from the tank to the new inline pump -8 upto the fuel rails then to the FPR.......so the FPR can keep the rail pressure/up ..............then run the return line back to the tank ( but not the neck as this is no good) but back to the top of tank!??

OK try it now

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index....313d56629db5a2c&rev=&reveal=&start=0&count=60

That's pretty much what i'm saying.

You sure there's no return line? I know a few manufacturers use non return fuel systems these days (eg Holden) but thought your IS still had one?

OEM pump will be fine as it's flow capacity goes up heaps once it no longer has to supply fuel at pressure eg my 400rwkw is done on the stock pump as a lift pump....ergo, yours will be fine.

No probs, keen to see your conversion completed.......and thanx, even after a few years now the shine hasn't worn off having completed the GT8 (well sorta, still a few mods i want to do)

Anyone familiar with the V160 gearbox? my IS200 has the 6spd Getrag J160 M/T. I think that V160, in turn, is from Supra Mk IV, and it's said to be in-destructible

Anyone knows the differences between those two gearboxes?

I only know off 2 IS200 running 300 to 400 BHP with the IS gearbox....well i was thinking of useing it on my swap! as i have it siting there, i was going to make aadaptor/plate up so i can mate it to the 1UZ bellhousing .....but the BIG Q ? is i dont know how much Power this Box can take.

what do you think guys..
progress.gif

The J160 is found behind the S15 SR20DET and is also in the MX5 6 speed. Some differences in the case but the same basic box. Known as being a bit fragile in the Nissan so UZ torque, especially FI, will root it pretty quick i suspect.

The J160 is found behind the S15 SR20DET and is also in the MX5 6 speed. Some differences in the case but the same basic box. Known as being a bit fragile in the Nissan so UZ torque, especially FI, will root it pretty quick i suspect.

:/ well i have 2or3 months before i start this bit of the swap so i will have a lot of time to think it over....

Thanks

Hi guys, just been looking at some Turbo's for my 1UZ TT Swap, i want 450/550 rwhp.......im looking at T3/T4 Wet floating ball/bearing turbo's, Turbine housing AR.70 Compressor housing AR.50 with 3" inlet 3" outlet. turbo's are good for 450 bhp each!

what do you think guys, im looking for Rapid Spool setup!!

Think they should do the job well...

The J160 is not a Getrag box - it is an Aisin box. The 1G-FE is a strain for it normally. The torque of the 1UZ would rip it apart in about 5 mins of full power.

I fitted a Getrag V160 to my IS200 with 1JZ VVTi motor. Fitting the box requires some slight surgery to the tunnel as well as mods to the gearbox selector to fit. Getrag weighs 57kg - it is a huge box. Photos at
V160 arrives
Shortened Shifter
Shifter
Getrag in place
New tailshaft
IS200 mount
Getrag gear lever

With a 1UZ you can only seriously consider the R154 or V160 boxes if you are considering TT as well.

The J160 is not a Getrag box - it is an Aisin box. The 1G-FE is a strain for it normally. The torque of the 1UZ would rip it apart in about 5 mins of full power.

I fitted a Getrag V160 to my IS200 with 1JZ VVTi motor. Fitting the box requires some slight surgery to the tunnel as well as mods to the gearbox selector to fit. Getrag weighs 57kg - it is a huge box. Photos at
V160 arrives
Shortened Shifter
Shifter
Getrag in place
New tailshaft
IS200 mount
Getrag gear lever

With a 1UZ you can only seriously consider the R154 or V160 boxes if you are considering TT as well.

Hi grahamd, thanks for that mate, i was waiting for someone to come along and say what you have just said :) well that puts that to rest then a! like you say the V160 or the R154 is the only way to go! i think it will be the R154 i will use as the V160 are so dame hard to get over here in the UK as every one wants one, but the R154 come around alot more. like i say i dont need it just yet so time is on my side to get one in....

you still got your IS?

there is a guy over here puting a 2JZ in his IS.........should be fun when my IS is done :)

Drive the IS200 as my daily drive now - it is fun to drive.

Other issues you may need to look at are the suspension as the engine change upsets the balance of the car - I now have Koni's on and that has restored the nimbleness again.

The diff is an issue - not real strong. If you can find an IS300 rear end disc to disc as it has bigger diff and bigger axles as well. You need the carrier frame to bolt it in.

I'm jealous - a V8 in the IS would be awesome. Good luck with the swap.

I upgraded my suspension to kie-office coilovers last year so no need to do any work to them, as for the diff my old is200 one is on the way out any way so i would have to get one any way, as you said the is300 diff should fit ok...so thats what i will be doing.

well its like this mate, i have had the IS200 now for 3 years! i had it about a year then i wantted more power so i put a custom Turbo kit on it, and i did all the work on that, and now i have got to the point that i want more power, i was looking at putting a 1JZ in my car, but i new it had been done, and then i started thinking about the 2JZ but there is one in the UK, so then i got thinking about the V8 i know this has been done in the US i think think it was done to an IS300 and i think there is one downunder as well, but no one inthe UK had done it to a IS200........so i started to look for a LS400 for the 1UZ block and i picked one up for $800 LS400 that is! im hopeing to get all up and running by the summer :)

Hi guys not done much to do with the 1UZ sawp" as im still waiting for the 1UZ to get here
wink.gif
, so i started to get the car ready for paint, as the car' is haveing a new colour
whistling.gif
front/back bumpers off, along with all the doors, boot & bonnet.

Its all ready for paint now, so tomorrow i will give it 2 or 3 coats of primer.........
msn-wink.gif

will have some pic,s when its done..
biggrin.gif

Hi guys, Happy to say i have now got my Engine for this swap, its comeing out of a 1991 LS400 as i have the car to take what i need off, i all so have Gearbox its R154............and Thanks to Rod on here i have a set of Rods from the GP :)

What color are you painting it?
See from your photos you have been busy polishing some parts there as well.

Im painting it Jet-black........:sgrin:

yea i polished some old bits from my IS200 engine & sold them on:veryhappy:

i will be polishing alot on the V8........can not wait to get started on it, should come out very nice..

Attachments

• mclaren.jpg
    mclaren.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2