IS200 Swap from 1G-FE to 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi guys.

In the newyear i will be starting my Conversion on my IS200 to 4L V8 1UZ-FE thats in the Lexus LS400
i have a LS400 makeing its way to me very soon thanks to a mate, He knew that i wanted to do this for some time now, and he came over my place oneday and told me he had got a 1991 LS400 can not pick it up untill next month
msn-wink.gif

The car has done 120,000 miles but then so has my IS200, so i dont only have the engine i have the rest of the car as well to get some bits off. as its been done before........i have or can get all the info i need when i need it, the gearbox is going to take most of the time to do as the LS gearbox is auto and i want to convert it to manual...........i know there are 2 or 3 gearboxs out there that will fit but i will have to swap the bellhousing over for a custom made one, am i right in saying there are 2 or 3 that fit the 1UZ Block:scratchchin:

(ECU) as for the ECU.........i dont no what i will be doing with this yet, think i will be useing a standalone....
wink.gif
what one i will have to look into it?

as for things like the fueling, i will be keeping the std njectors for now as there will be no need for biger ones untill i go FI

dont think i will have to mod the sump like on most Conversion,s on the IS as the sump on the 1UZ-FE sits at the front of the engine so it should fit over the cross member on the IS, think i will have to make some custom engine mounts i say think as i will not know untill i drop the 1UZ in to see.

the good thing about this swap is that the 1UZ is an all aluminum construction that makes it just as light as the 1G-FE + The Rods are factory forged units, the same is the crank.
msn-wink.gif
biggrin.gif
But then you guys know this........

I will keep you all updated to how its all going, i will put some pic,s up when the work starts
msn-wink.gif

Hey mate, you may want to pop over to http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/index.php

The admin there is in contact with a guy doing this very swap...

PS check out Rod Millen too :) Great NZ'er He has done this too.

A place in NZ sells R nd W series bellhousings, I am using R series. Another place sells V series adapter plates.

ECU, bang for buck the Link G2/G3 is the best buy in my opinion. I am using the LinkPlus G2. Try www.nzefi.com

NZ.

Hey mate, you may want to pop over to http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/index.php

The admin there is in contact with a guy doing this very swap...

No he's not. Mos is doing a VVT engine swap so a few significant differences. Mos is a great guy though and more than likely to answer any questions you have.

As for what the bottom end will take in stock condition....mine has been running approx 380kw at the flywheel for quite some time now, including circuit work. It's currently at closer to 480kw at the fly and appears to handle this OK, time will tell though as i must be getting close to the limit. That's stock everything except a fuel system upgrade....and a coupla turbos obviously :)

No he's not. Mos is doing a VVT engine swap so a few significant differences. Mos is a great guy though and more than likely to answer any questions you have.

As for what the bottom end will take in stock condition....mine has been running approx 380kw at the flywheel for quite some time now, including circuit work. It's currently at closer to 480kw at the fly and appears to handle this OK, time will tell though as i must be getting close to the limit. That's stock everything except a fuel system upgrade....and a coupla turbos obviously :)

Thanks for that (JustenGT8) yea i have been over on that site to take a look.........Justen, can i ask how long you have been running at 380kw........:scratchchin: see the thing with the IS200 there is no room for Turbo,s so i think i will have to use a S/C or 2...........

Justin, have you had your motor on an engine dyno? Just wondering how you get 380kw at the flywheel.

Macrus, sorry about not getting the VVTi and earlier models exact, obviously now there is no benefit at all in looking at the conversion, like the mounts for trans and engine, and cooling etc :rolleyes:

There was a guy in IS300.net or its called my.is or something like that. He had a IS300 with a V8 swap. It was a VVTi 1uzfe with a T66 along and NOS. It was a low mount. I have seen it in person during one of the SEMA show....

IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

http://lextreme.com/sema.html if want to read more....

Hey Marcus, The car has been running with 320rwkw for at least 2 years now....just made a conservative estimate of equating to "approx" 380kw at the fly (for E's benefit).

Seems to do this safely and has been to the circuit a numbers of times, the drags and plenty of 'testing' sessions. Running times that would put it in the V8 supercar field around our (admitedly smallish) local track Wakefield Park so i'm sure as hell not taking it easy on the thing.

A bit more nervous about the current power level in terms of longevity so mostly i turn the wick back down to 320rwkw (13psi) as that's plenty for the street anyways. Turn the wick up to 17psi for dyno days and will do so for the next drags outing....don't think it'll survive a track session at that level? Time will tell, new territory as i don't of any other stock UZ putting out these levels

Nah mate i wish :) I actually have a GrpA GT4 Celica that i converted to RWD with the TTUZ....some pics on this site if you search. Been meaning to post some update pics for a while now but with the new bub and everything else going on these days never seem to find the time

Been thinking over the past 3/4 days and talking to my mate, about this swap...........im going to make it TT Now.

so guys if i do this what could i run on std pistons and rods...........would i be safe with 400/500 BHP at the flywheel ??

400/500hp with a quality tune and treated reasonably well will see it last a long time.

If it blows get another their cheap.

Thanks guys, i can not wait to get started now on my swap :) justenGT8 nice car mate,

ECU will be useing the linksplus G2/G3 the one that thor racing is selling........

"UPDATE"

Hi guys........
biggrin.gif

well i made a start on my SWAP..........

over the past 2 days i have been working on the IS-V8, the Turbo is of the car then came the manifold f
censored.gif
k me that was a
censored.gif
to take off. and all the bits that go with it 'ie" intercooler and pipe work was next' that was not so bad geting that of, then the oil cooler and oil/lines was next.....dame oil/filter was a pig to get of, but then it was like that to put on..........Rad is of and out the way along with all the fixing points at the front of the IS to make way for when i pull the engine/gearbox out......front bumper is off! and will be replaced with a new custom made one
shifty.gif

all the wiring from the engine/bay has been taken of and put to one side,

Engine/gearbox will be comeing out on sunday.........when thats out thats when the fun starts!

I will put some pic,s up on sunday.......
smile.gif

I pick up the LS400 next week............ :)

Guys i would like to know what you think about this Fueling setup that im thinking of doing....

I was going to do away with the pump in the Tank, and have 2 inline fuel pumps that flow in excess of 120 gallons per hour, useing -6 lines to the pumps and from the pumps will be the same -6 going into a Y connecter and from the Y connecter -10 to the FPR, and have the same for the return line -10 back to the tank.........

as the fueling side of things is new to me................i would like to have some input on what you think guys.........can this work and so on, or if you have a better way!

Thanks