Exhaust Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ABDULLAH D AFGHAN

Howdy every1,
I just got a 1994 Lexus Ls400 and I love the car. However, it sounds like its "plugged" and really quiet, you cant even tell if the car is on. Which is very different from what Im used to driving(Camaro/Firebird/ImpalaSS-which I ll never go back to). Basically I just want to wake the car up a lil. I looked all over the internet for catback systems but they are either non existant or $1500.00. By the way I live in Omaha Nebraska so there is no such animal as "emission laws". I only have two questions if some one can plz help.
1. If I get the cats gutted, will that cause my check engine light to go on like it did on my camaro/firebird?If so how can I bypass fix it?
2. I wanna redo the whole exhaust with 2.25 pipe from cats(gutted) to Xpipe(which ill be using two y pipes instead of a one piece xpipe) and from there 2.25 to hi flow mufflers. I also would like to get that Injen air Intake. Which is the only one available I think for a Lexus ls400. Is it a good idea or not.
sorry for my ignorance Im sure lots of other ppl have asked the same question.

Abdullah,

Gutting the cats shouldn't cause any problem.

It may make the exhaust sound "tinney" as they can rattle. Try gutting them and inserting a length of pipe through the middle of them.

As for the rest of the system.

Why not take the car to an exhaust shop and get a quote.

2 Y pipes won't perform or sound the same as an x pipe.

thanks

Thanks for replying actually I was new to the Forum back then and hadnt read EVERYTHING on this forum regarding exhaust and after spending hours reading everything including info about the headers I m more interested in those headers that Jbrady developed. Im very interested in getting these, have u tried these or know of anyone who has tried these headers on 93-94ls 400?