Engine mounts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ParaDoX667

Hi all,

Is anyone still making mounts for the MKIII supras to take a 1uz?
in particular pre89 supras?

My project stalled for a very long time and is now back on track so keen to get things rolling.

Interested in prices shipped to Australia.

Cheers and many thanks.
Ben.

Lex - I know of two members who used to make them.
I'll PM them both direct - but was really hoping someone would be making them commercially now.

(either way thanks for the reply)

Final call out for help:
Any of the people that have made mounts before - if you're willing to share your plans / drawings of mounts that have been made and are working I will reimburse you for them and have the mounts made locally.

Saves me the hassle of trying to reinvent the wheel and you still get something for your troubles.

PM for details.
Cheers.

Hey,

It's not rocket science.

Fab them up and you will be well ahead.

You would be surprised how many member don't log on too often.

Rod,
I'm an IT guy with no fabrication skills at all.
I'd rather not learn on making engine mounts....

The only welding i've ever done was oxy-accetelene (Sp) in highschool and managed to screw that up pretty badly ;)

My plea for help has been answered :)
Thanks guys, you've saved me going the more common 2jz... :)

Gennro - i've been looking at *** for their TT 1uz setup, but not the fabrication side of things (simply because I had no drawings / anything to go on)... I'll be looking for a fabricator to make up the mounts from the drawings that are on the way.

:D

Hi all,

Is anyone still making mounts for the MKIII supras to take a 1uz?
in particular pre89 supras?

My project stalled for a very long time and is now back on track so keen to get things rolling.

Interested in prices shipped to Australia.

Cheers and many thanks.
Ben.

I think I can help you with this issue. I only paid 30 U.S. dollars for mine. PM me.

OPTIONS

IF U DONT MIND CUTTING YOUR HOOD, THE 7M MOUNTS CAN BE DRILLED OUT ABOUT 1/4 INCH ON ONE SIDE AND ITLL MATE TO THE 1UZ. THEN ALL YOULL HAVE TO DO IS FAB WEDGES TO SIT THE ENGINE AND THE MOUNTS STRAIGHT UP. BUT IT ALSO MAKES THE ENGINE SIT HIGHER WHICH MEANS YOU MAY HAVE TO CUT THE HOOD. THE MEASUREMENTS FOR THIS METHOD AND GOING CUSTOM ISNT THAT FAR OFF. THE MOUNTS ARE NOT ALL THAT DIFFERENT. ILL POST PICS OF MINE NEXT WEEKEND. YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. IM JUST OFFERING OPTIONS SINCE NO ONE SELLS THEM ANYMORE.

HEY WHASSUP

Sorrry i wasnt able to work on the project this weekend because it rained from thursday to yestersay here in central texa. but hopefully this weekend its on again. sorry bout the delay man. oh by the way you will need to havce the original supra and 1uz engine mounts. for the supra mounts you need it all including the rubber, for the 1uz youll just need the part that mounts to the engine.

wow, you're in the killeen area too?! And you're also trying to do a 1uz in a MKIII supra?!

WTF are the chances of that? I'm talking to one of the local machinist about making the mounts for mine. I'm using the diagram from 1uzsupra.com. I'd look into it

Hey Lemme Know How Yours Goes

BUT ANYWAY SOME WANNABE GANGSTER IN NOLANVILLE VANDALIZED MY SUPRA. DENTED THE FENDERS AND BROKE ALL MY GLASS OUT. SONNUMMA @#^&@e! BUT ID LIKE TO SEE HOW YOURS IS GOING IMMA TAKE PICS TONITE AND POST THEM. UN KNOW HOW THE WEATHER IS JACKED UP ROUND HERE. BUT HEY GET AT ME THO IF UN IN THE KILLEEN AREA TOO MAN. PM ME OR HIT ME UP ON MY EMAIL AT [email protected]:D