Daughterboard fitted standard ecus ( fuel and ign mappable)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ruishy1

hi guys.

I'm currently in the process of having the standard 1UZ ecus ( sc400 and ls400) engineered to take a daughterboard that allows you to freely map your own fuel and ignition. Whilst still retaining all the functions of the standard ecu and being plug and play, no other hardware needed.

This is still early days and will take another month or 2 before the working prototype.

My question is who would be interested in one at the prices below ?

Price wise they should go for around £500-£550 which is around $900 US or $1000 AUD.

Obviously they would get cheaper if a large group buy happened as the numbers quoted are for a batch of 10.

Let me know what you guys think :)

I think the cost will kill it.

For that sort of money there are plenty of options out there.

No matter what ECU you buy/use they will still require an investment in dyno time to get them running well.

Not trying to put your project down but the base ECU is now questionable and adding the Motherboard won't overcome the base ECU's problems.

2 negatives here in Australia is price
and if its in US dollars we get shafted even more
the other is a lot of guys want to get rid of the air flow meter

if someone was smart they would make adapter kits to make the megasquirt plug into
some 1uz ecu plugs

another thing like zuffen said the ecus are getting old and are starting to fail so fitting a board and then a month or a year down the track the ecu fails means removing it and fitting to another ecu
ive done afew nistune boards and they are a pain to remove once fitted

if you could make an ls1 ecu work on a 1uz for 1000 bucks it would be better
I looked into it but there is just not enough people in Australia to make it worthwhile