Changing the differential Gearing??????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

There has been alot of talk for months about the advantages to changing out the stock Supra tt gearing which is 3.93 I believe to the 4.08 or 4:10 higher gearing. I need a couple questions answered if possible:

1) Has anyone done that LSD gear change on a Soarer or SC400? Did it make a difference? Would you recommend it?

2) Trying to find these gears are not all that easy any ideas on where I can find?

Stock auto LSD is 3.73 and 6 speed is 3.13. From what I know, no one makes aftermarket diff ratios for the SC, or the Supra.

Eric

Eric, One guy said the stock gearing 3.91 another 3.93 and now 3.73, what ever the case my be it is still very hard to find aftermarket gearing like you said.......Some people have done the gearing change, so it is possible...

Who's doing MKIV Supra diffs in custom ratios because I know some people that would want it. Kazz no longer makes diffs for the MKIV, and Cusco only makes the stock ratio. TRD makes a diff that's 3.27 if it helps.

Eric

I will find out more and post back to you. I discussed with one guy that said he was running 4.10 gears on the Supra LSD differential.. Other have tweaked them abit as well, I don't know if that is a load of crap I was told or what but again I will get back to you shorlty with more solid info......

have any of you guy's looked at the possibility that Hilux/4runner ratios will fit as here in Aus the axle code is the same as the MKIV supra diff.

Just a thought that you may be able to try... as the hilux diff ratios are quite readily available..

good luck on your search

This sounds similiar to what im doing if it is heres what ive found.I put 93-97 supra tt gears (3:73) in my 98gs4 diff.When I was researching I was told a 93-97 non turbo supra diff. had 4:27 gears.Is a gear swap poss. or a non turbo diff?